Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
04-23-2012, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuntKathy
It would indeed be quite handy... While I'm thinking about it, power drain resistance (after modifiers, traits, gear), now that the mechanics are there, showing up in the UI would help too.
I agree! I'm definitely of the mind that the more info available to players, the better!

Lt. Commander
# 12
04-26-2012, 09:44 AM
I'll go one further, because I would like this information, and all information like it, visible all of the time on my HUD.

Please make this an option, allowing to player to add (or not add) a single window with whatever stats we would like to monitor.
Lt. Commander
# 13
04-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Hello Cryptic,

Once again I'd like to request the addition of dynamic Shield Regeneration and Shield Damage Removal (Resistance/Reduction) stats to our ship's UI.

These stats would be similar to how we can now press U, click Defense, and see our Shield Facings, Hull Points, Hull Resistances, etc. But, unlike the stat for Shield Regeneration given in a shield's description tooltip, this UI addition that I'm requesting would be dynamic and change in real time based on our ship type, skills, shield power levels, captain/BO powers, console/equipment load-out, etc. similar to the other stats described above or like weapon damage/DPS changes in the Power Tray Tooltips. Shield Regeneration was once available to us as the "Shield Emitter" stat, and while strangely labelled, it worked great until it was removed for no apparent reason (see below).

Along with the Shield Regeneration stat, please also add a visible Shield Damage Removal stat. Or I suppose a list of stats, similar to how we have multiple hull resistances. These should be dynamic as described above. In addition to being helpful for general game play, it would be useful when testing/debugging things like OP MACO shields, and the like. :p

I hope the reasoning behind needing these UI improvements is self-evident, but if more information is required,
^^^^^ This needs to be done! It would be really helpful!
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-26-2012, 11:23 AM
It is pretty shocking on just how much information Cryptic is unwilling to share with the user when it comes to "X = Y +/- Z" on gear and abilities.
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-30-2012, 05:22 PM
I posted in this month's Ask Cryptic. Hopefully there will be a response:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...=1#post4191155
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-02-2012, 08:18 PM
Yea I'll throw in my 2 cents of agreement with this idea to have the stats shown in the UI someweres.

It would be nice of all the modifiers would work for things too reguardless of were your at... but hey atleast most of them work.

Also on the power levels calculator, would be really neat if you could include how many shield modifiing consoles people have on their ships. You know the ones for more shield capacity and more shield regen. ..just saying..
Lt. Commander
# 17
05-03-2012, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya
Yea I'll throw in my 2 cents of agreement with this idea to have the stats shown in the UI someweres.

It would be nice of all the modifiers would work for things too reguardless of were your at... but hey atleast most of them work...
Thanks for the affirmative "vote".

I agree with you about the zoning. I've always disliked the game engine's inability to provide accurate space stats if you aren't in space (and vice versa for ground).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daya
...Also on the power levels calculator, would be really neat if you could include how many shield modifiing consoles people have on their ships. You know the ones for more shield capacity and more shield regen. ..just saying..
I'd like to keep that conversation over in the proper thread, if that's ok?

So I replied there:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=155777
Lt. Commander
# 18
05-20-2012, 12:47 PM
/Signed.

Thanx for the awesome work on the calculator I full support these stats to be added to the ui
Lt. Commander
# 19
05-24-2012, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
maybe this time it will stick.

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to read this request. Please show your support below if you would find these features beneficial to Star Trek Online.
//Signed

I also made a thread asking for these features. Hopefully we might get heard this time?