Lt. Commander
# 41
03-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alecto View Post
Teri just give old GN some Oo-mox...

He'll be putty in your hand!

Mwah ha ha! :p
Bad forum Mod, Bad. Suggesting that a lady of the press engage in sexual antics for a favorable review. Tsk tsk.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint01
Bad forum Mod, Bad. Suggesting that a lady of the press engage in sexual antics for a favorable review. Tsk tsk.
I believe this is punishable by the birch, if you do not know what this is, google it :p
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SatansHell View Post
I believe this is punishable by the birch, if you do not know what this is, google it :p
I think he just wants some OoMox.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Is this her way of making up for the "Whining like 12 year olds" comment?
Well, TBH sometimes we do whine like 12 yr olds, it is what it is.

I have no problem with someone expressing the way they feel as long as it is balanced such as, make a "positive" post if you had to post a negative.

And she did.

Good article, Teri.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-18-2012, 12:55 AM
I liked the article.. but sometimes I wonder if people just write these to get free stuff from Cryptic. ..What?They do! Write an article, get featured, get rewarded!
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuBi0 View Post
I liked the article.. but sometimes I wonder if people just write these to get free stuff from Cryptic. ..What?They do! Write an article, get featured, get rewarded!
And what specifically would that be?
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-18-2012, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuBi0 View Post
*rolleyes*

I get the right to pay for the game - like I have been - for two years.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-18-2012, 11:39 AM
Is it just me or does TS have to dive in and stick up fpr herself after every article that gets a mention on these forums?

I agree as in many games, its the people I play with that keep me playing longer than I otherwise would. It's even better when you can tell a Trek joke without being met with confusion and/or ridicule
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-18-2012, 12:15 PM
Quote:
why must people think in absolutes? both statements that there is a great over all community and there are a lot of upset people venting on the forums can be true you know.
she blanket accused the majority of the community as being 'whiny 12 year olds' and she did it in a public venue, on a site far more people see than this one, in a place she couldn't be moderated by doing it.

Quote:
She was expressing her frustrations at the time, as many of us have. It's not like she was wrong. This community has whiny people. It also has rude, nasty, bitter ones. That doesn't mean that there aren't good people as well.
actually she was wrong. people have more and more legitimate reasons to be upset these days and she was giving blanket statements like that. it makes everyone look bad.

Quote:
If you took personal offense at her "12 year old" comment then perhaps it hit a little close to home for you.
circular logic at its best. she was referring to the majority of the community. people should be offended by statements like that, especially when a dev pops in and supports her making those kinds of accusations.

Quote:
However regarding the whining; there really isnt any difference in Person-A whining about the game, and Person-B whining about Person A. Both people are whining about something that bothers them, and guilty of the same thing. So if Person-A is a 12 year old, then so is Person-B.
that too

Quote:
No, a lot of people do whine.

"Where are my playable Romulans?!"
"Why did you change this ability and bring it down a notch?!"
"There's a nearby star in the DS9 map!!"
"Cryptic hates the Federation!"
"Cryptic hates the Klingons!"
"You spent time working on DS9?!"
none of those statements are whining.

Quote:
And this is EXACTLY why she said what she said about whiners. Here she writes a column about the positive experiences she's had in the game and people decide to bring up a comment she made a month ago on her personal account no less.
excuse me? no it isn't exactly what she said about anyone. she went from one extreme to the other. first shes accusing the community of being a bunch of 12 year olds, and now shes saying how 'great' the community is. her previous comment is very much important in this case.

Quote:
Was she ranting when she said it? Absolutely!

Was she wrong for saying it? No.

Is there a difference between her comment and the ones on the forums? Absolutely

Why? Because she made a post on her PERSONAL twitter, not a thread in the public forums. She didn't come on here and start a thread "bashing" people. She made a personal comment for HER followers to read and linked her forum post, which BTW had no bashing.
she was wrong for saying it. and posting it on a personal twitter has nothing to do with it. she said it, and she said it behind our backs. do you like it when people accuse you of being a whiny 12 year old behind your back? i'm thinking you don't. people get in trouble for things posted to twitter and facebook and who knows what else all the time. at this point people should know better than to say things like that where others can see them. and since you brought it up, a certain dev also got in trouble for saying certain things about his companies customers on his 'personal twitter' not long ago. wasn't ok then either and that was made clear. no difference here.

Quote:
She didn't bash the community, she called out the whining babies in THAT thread. Get it str8. Whether you choose to acknowledge the differences between what she did and what so many do on here is on you, that doesn't mean there isn't 1.
it was a blanket statement against the community. no distinctions were made, and accusing people of not seeing the difference between the two is circular logic she DID bash the community

Quote:
You're right. I called those people out for what I personally saw them to be. Why? Because they were HORRIFIC to nice people! I refuse to let other people be able to walk behind the shroud of gamer-forum-anonymity and not call it out for what it was.
thats an interesting statement considering I didn't see you making similar posts anywhere when we were getting repeatedly lied to by the developers

Quote:
that conveyed my sadness over the fact that the negativity on the forums just seemed out of control;
negativity doesn't appear out of nowhere. at this point cryptic has earned it by their actions

Quote:
that reflected prevalence of irrational anger, rage and pettiness over the game's implementation of an optional purchase
the second you start accusing people of 'rage' and 'irrational anger' you stop being anyone worth listening to. those are terms that get thrown around here when someone can't come up with a legitimate reason why what someone is saying isn't ok and tries to attack them.

Quote:
Alas, since Twitter only allows me 140 characters to post a link and any associated description of the tenor of the referenced posters in that thread, I felt it best to take that elongated description and condense it into a tightly defined and succinct phrase that might prepare the Twitter user for what they could expect to find once they clicked on the link and then read the additional posts in that
and so you accused the community of being a bunch of whiny 12 year olds. don't tell me you couldn't word that better. you said exactly what you intended to say or you wouldn't have said it

Quote:
My column was my attempt to provide the greater MMO readership evidence that the larger STO community, the one that you and I KNOW to exist in-game, can be found ... but alas, it's clear, they'll likely have to look past the forums in order to find it.
so, you insult everyone on the forums again while trying to defend yourself. that says everything I need to know right there.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes85 View Post
so, you insult everyone on the forums again while trying to defend yourself. that says everything I need to know right there.
BAZINGA!

You would really think by now she'd be tired of putting those knee-high boots in her mouth, wouldn't you?