Lt. Commander
Greetings friends, I'm thinking about starting a second fed character. I just hit Vice Admiral on my first and I'd like to try a different type of captain. I'm wondering if I should buy 2 more character slots for my current account or just create a second free to play account. Pros? Cons?

As far as having a second account to funnel EC and gear from, does that matter? It seems like it'd be easiest if I logged in to both from two different computers and it'd be just like player to player.

Forgive the questions, I've played for 100 hours and learned as little as possible about stuff other than making explosions. :p

Many Thanks!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2012, 05:52 PM
Having the same account means a bunch of c-store purchases are linked, and you draw from one c-point pot, which is much much better if you convert dil to c points.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2012, 05:53 PM
It depends on if you own any C-Store ships? If you do, then you can use them again when at the appropriate rank. So if you purchased the TOS Connie, for example, you can use it again while leveling your second alt.

If you haven't really purchased anything you can use on a second alt then it's just as easy to make a new account, IMO. Of course I like the simplicity of having everything in one place, but if you're not up for spending the CPs multiple accounts work fine.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Well, figure out how much you want to spend and how long you want to play and do the math.

If you don't sub, then you're likely to buy a few things you don't want or need. I think the average is going to come out pretty even. If you really knew exactly what you wanted you could probably surgically buy and be ahead in total spend.

Leveling is so fast you will likely need to respec a couple of times. Ships below 50th level are only advantageous for a few days at most. But you may want to buy them anyway for their magic consoles.

Your ship builds depend on bridge officers. If you want to use multiple builds you'll need the extra officer slots that Gold offers. Inventory and Banks slots always seem to be a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Perfect World isn't to keen on people having multi-accounts so I'd say buy some slots to play it safe.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Thank you all for your thoughtful advice! I think the tipping point, as it's not a big difference either way, would be to stay on the good side of Perfect World. I didn't really know what their policy was. Is it OK to have both captains logged in at the same time but from different computers?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2012, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul512
Thank you all for your thoughtful advice! I think the tipping point, as it's not a big difference either way, would be to stay on the good side of Perfect World. I didn't really know what their policy was. Is it OK to have both captains logged in at the same time but from different computers?
I'm not familiar with their policy but technically there's no difference to two individuals in the same household playing their own characters. However, if you are doing something that is breaking the game in some way, such as farming with bots then you are at risk.

If you want to multibox I don't know what their policies are. If you are unsure you could submit a ticket asking for clarification on their policy (though it may take weeks for a response).

My opinion is to have the one account. I bought a guramba this morning and that is available to both of my klingon characters. One account definitely has its benefits.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepht
Perfect World isn't to keen on people having multi-accounts so I'd say buy some slots to play it safe.
This. In all PW games, its heavily frowned on and could draw the wrong kind of attention to your account.