Lt. Commander
# 31
03-14-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks Brackynews not sure how that kept missing my attention.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-14-2012, 11:18 PM
Sound as klingon ship is far superior to fed desing. The "Command" ship is in a word "impressive". The best energy distribution. A "picard maneouver" console (I think that is more close than "teleport") and Scan.... and with cannons. If we add the anoter consoles.... long live to new king of battle (or maybe I must say K"l"ing of battle).

I wish see on battle... but i think that beast will me cost too many "lives"... but I'll try do the best agains that....

Thanks to everybody for the fun, sorry for my bad english.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-15-2012, 12:08 AM
Mhh wtf??

are there no free ships?

I means some peopel already spent money on other things.. playing this game a while.. and then we have a new update and it only benefits people who can effort another amount of cash?

wow .. this becomes more and more pay2win...

correct me if im wrong
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-15-2012, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
Still no good turn rate. Still over priced. No deal.
Yeah, I'm really kinda feeling this too. Seriously, the turn rates are such a DEAL-BREAKER for me. Even if I buy all three (six), I get a +0.5 bonus? Fuggettabout.

The price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
...I would buy it an instant if I had any confidence in cryptic on whether they planned on finishing the faction.

But buying it just to do STF's right now? Really?
I have to agree with Staran... Why buy a "better" ship(s), when I do just fine with my existing ships doing the only end game content (STFs) I'm really interested in.

So yeah, Bad Turn Rates and nothing to do with the ship. The price is so high, it's too much to justify buying just as an indulgement. Seriously, $50 for the set? I can buy a whole new game for that. $100 if I want all six variants of both ships? I didn't pay that much for my STO CE.

Very disappointing too. Because while I think the Odyssey is just "ok" looking, I really dig the Bortus.

Maybe some day they'll go on sale or something...
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-15-2012, 01:03 AM
does anyone else immediately think of the yamato cannon from starcraft when reading this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bortasqu_Tactical_Cruiser View Post
The console focuses the ship's weapon power into the Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser's primary firing chamber to unleash a devastating sustained barrage at a single target.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-15-2012, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
You can jump on Tribble and actually test all of the powers right now. That is the ultimate "video"

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
I thought F2P players didn't have access to Tribble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantinople999 View Post
does anyone else immediately think of the yamato cannon from starcraft when reading this:
No, it require reading this and seeing the actual ship to make the connection.
Okay, t hat's actually a yes.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-15-2012, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakarak
They did have a sale on "zen" (what a stupid name). My concern is that this is what all the sales are going to be like from now on; sales on the tokens instead of the c-store items, an easy way to bypass all those loyal subscribers who are saving their stipend.

Only time will tell.
I don't think there will be any old style 20% off sales, for one reason: you can get the c-points in-game. So they won't make more money like that. That's why their new "sales" are not decreasing the price, but giving out more points for the same price.

Still, another $50 ship, like they're not heeding the words and rage of their community.

Technically, while the media praises the community, they spit in our face by selling a ship for a new game's price.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Two Tactical builds and a Science. Interesting counter to the Odyssey.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-15-2012, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantinople999 View Post
Hah! Just Googled that, they look pretty darn similar to me. Not just the cannon, but the ship as well. I guess someone at Cryptic is a fan of Starcraft?
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-15-2012, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tick0
Hah! Just Googled that, they look pretty darn similar to me. Not just the cannon, but the ship as well. I guess someone at Cryptic is a fan of Starcraft?
yeah the fact that they are both called battle cruisers makes me even more suspicious