Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-15-2012, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
So now, the most efficient way is to farm each character there once, then move to the next and cycle through, rather than doing one 6 times, then the other 6 times, then the other 6 times? Wow Cryptic, you sure solved that farming problem well.

In addition to the straight up crazy Borg behaviour listed, I had an encounter with a rogue tac cube that was nowhere near where it should be in my BoP. Moving towards it and firing, only my turret fired. Also, the camera wanted to point away from the tac cube. However, if I turned away from it, to where the camera was facing... my DHC fired... BACKWARDS.

Is introducing a bugged out borg behaviour to Ker'rat some sort of right of passage for new dev staff or something?
This is what happens if you give Devs the Necromonicon and non-Eucledian geometry.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-15-2012, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
the Necromonicon .
I tried to tell everybody that he was one mad Arab. But no!!!, everybody just said "he harmless with a little necro-fetish. What the worse that can happen?"
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Use some paragraphs, my friend, the text is really hard to read without them.
I tried to clean it up a bit this time around. Was sort of pressed for time the first time I posted it.

Quote:
Not sure how a zone gets that effed up... it seems like they coded a special set of borg specifically for Ker'rat with AI to patrol and such... then... IT BECAME SELF AWARE.
This is awesome and got a good chuckle out of me. Of course, with them tilting around and moving all crazy I keep picturing them having assimilated Men Without Hats and singing the Safety Dance.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2012, 02:06 AM
You missed a couple:

-No Walls in Ker'rat. (You can keep going and going which also lets you avoid being Warped back in when one side wins the zone and the timer runs out.)

-Both sides Spawn on the Klingon side when the zone Resets.

-Big invisible Wall in the middle of the Green Planet.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2012, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I tried to tell everybody that he was one mad Arab. But no!!!, everybody just said "he harmless with a little necro-fetish. What the worse that can happen?"
Cryptic inadvertantly releasing Cthulu would also eplain the cracked planet. At least we know who the Iconians are working for now.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Cryptic inadvertantly releasing Cthulu would also eplain the cracked planet. At least we know who the Iconians are working for now.
Well, why work for the lesser evil?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-16-2012, 02:08 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post

I've heard this is actually do to the overflow of Feds in a zone being slotted into the vacant KDF places of our spawn point. Seems they could just give the feds more spawn slots at thier respawn to fix this.
Besides is not the the limit of players in a Ker'rat zone not a set number? Why not make sure the respawns have that same set limit?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-16-2012, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
You missed a couple:

-No Walls in Ker'rat. (You can keep going and going which also lets you avoid being Warped back in when one side wins the zone and the timer runs out.)

-Big invisible Wall in the middle of the Green Planet.
You are right about that. Ending up in blue space is something interesting (that'll teach me to afk farm haha) and the random wall is very odd indeed. I also noticed that you can get stuck in the beacon lights (Not sure if that's intended though) as well.

The spawning at both ends, I admit, would be the first thing I would love to see them fix. When you are one of two Klingon's that enter or even the only Klingon, it ends up being this chaos of energy weapons and buffs (and usually ends up in some intense spawn camping). I don't ever fire first on Klingon's when I'm a Fed because I want a fair fight, but that doesn't seem to be the running ideal when entering.

All in all I really feel like they are missing out on making a very fun zone that people would play outside of just farming. It would create a new challenge and probably new builds - which I think would just increase replay value for just about everyone. It would be fairly simple to create a method similar to the challenge zones that I've seen in Champions, or at least I feel it would. Maybe there is still a chance we will see some of these changes made. Lord knows I would love to see the same dedication to PvP and Ker'rat that I've seen with the doff system.