Lt. Commander
# 11
03-15-2012, 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by virusdancer
Change instance. See the -50 Borg? You can nosebump them and they will not attack. If you know how to fly your ship, you can knock it out in less than 5 minutes. If there's somebody else doing it, it's even faster. The jump to the next zone. Repeat.

Ker'rat is massively broken. This is a bandaid for fixing people exploiting how broken Ker'rat is to farm Dil in a manner the system was not designed for... it fixes how fast it should be able to farm it, but it does not address how broken Ker'rat is.

Farming Dil in Ker'rat as fast as people could - affected the game beyond Ker'rat.

I don't see the problem...in them fixing that.
I do see the problem in them not addressing all the bugs in Ker'rat.
However, I can see which was the bigger issue.
I have no issue at all with them fixing things, their choices of what to fix, however, leave a lot to be desired.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-15-2012, 02:14 PM
my whole point in this thread was simply this:

a 30 min cd on the mission was unnecessary to begin with, not only does it lessen the amount of dilithium in the game (because people won't be farming as much) but in the end it lessens my and many other's enjoyment of kerrat (ie our play experience) by sticking undue limitations on what we can and cannot do when being used to the former rather than the current setup.

i personally don't see sitting in kerrat and participating as much or as little as you wish and gaining your 8k dil in say 2 hours as opposed to 3 hours plus a big deal, and even so i'll reiterate my point from earlier it's nobody's business but the player on the other end of the connection IF they want to afk farm or not.
So, putting a cd on this only really hurts the active players in kerrat ie this will make for more screwing around in there and pvp because nobody will be in a hurry to finish up the objectives anymore like they were, which at cap you won't notice much of a difference but between lvl 5 and 20 you will definitely notice that the pace is slowed drasticly, because there is NO pvp in there until 20 , that coupled with the fact that there are no dailies to speak of for the lower lvl brackets that award as much Dil per turn in, is going to make farming dil before 20 a very slow process.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-15-2012, 02:36 PM
oh look, someone who was abusing the exploit to earn massive dill amounts is crying over the "fix", my heart bleeds for you.

The whole spirit of the Star Trek IP is honest hard work, NOT sitting on your backside doing NOTHING and getting everything you want. Sounds a lot like people in real life who sit on unemployment benefit who get money for nothing with no intention of earning anything.

I earn my dill, by actually PLAYING THE GAME, as it is intended to be. I spend over a week learning and planning the best course of missions to do to maximise time versus rewards and balanced with the content I enjoy and the content that is a grind.

Why do people play a Star Trek IP based game and not play it with the Star Trek morals and philosophy? All it achieves is reinforcing the type of world we live in and kills the immersion and hope of a better society
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-15-2012, 03:45 PM
I dont even see what this fixes I just did my war front quest AFK style. I finished with 3 min left on the CD. Not changing much there. As for the people complaining that some how they have less to do now because of this limitation....you do know you dont need a quest to go to Ker-rat and kill things right? It's not as though there is no way to take part w/o the quest. So for 1 round you wont have the quest. OH NOES!!.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-15-2012, 04:59 PM
There are a few community made missions that are basically just silly run here, run there without having to do anything to get your three missions for that daily.

I expect those will become fairly popular now.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trismigistus View Post
There are a few community made missions that are basically just silly run here, run there without having to do anything to get your three missions for that daily.

I expect those will become fairly popular now.
Yep, the Foundy needs some QA.