Lt. Commander
# 1 New Doff traits
03-15-2012, 06:16 AM
Anybody able to help me shed some light on the new Doff traits? Personally i grind my teeth when i see those golden DOFF missions pop up and my carefully selected list wich has worked so perfectly in the past suddenly misses a critical trait like resolve. Is there any talk of having some sort of random generator randomly add Resolve to the Doffs that are already in the game, or am i slightly being forced to buy a gamma pack in the C-store to resolve the gold eyesore Doff missions?

Something is rubbing me the wrong way and im finding it hard to put it to words.... Maybe an option to not get those golden missions would fix it.

For the love of god somebody comment on this because i find my love for the DOFF system waning faced with the fact i need to now count in a trait that imo shouldnt have been added because it contributes nothing except being a pain in the booty.

Why add Resolve, why add shroud, why add new "golden missions" all wich makes the DOFF list i had and put a ton of effort in feel less awesome. Why not just add new missions, new Doff races without the bloody new traits...

Ill end here because im starting to rant :S Maybe i got OCD or something
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 06:23 AM
There's fairly common 4 part chains to unlock recruitment for the new races - one chain involves expanding the Federation Embassy on Cardassia, and a couple involve assisting Gamma Quadrant races in finding colony sites in the Alpha Quadrant. There were already bug reports about the final recruitment assignments within a couple days of them going live, and only having actually played three days I've got most of them at step 3.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hevach View Post
There's fairly common 4 part chains to unlock recruitment for the new races - one chain involves expanding the Federation Embassy on Cardassia, and a couple involve assisting Gamma Quadrant races in finding colony sites in the Alpha Quadrant. There were already bug reports about the final recruitment assignments within a couple days of them going live, and only having actually played three days I've got most of them at step 3.
Thank you so much for that info!!! Will make it easier for me to tweak my list.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CedricO
Why add Resolve, why add shroud, why add new "golden missions" all wich makes the DOFF list i had and put a ton of effort in feel less awesome. Why not just add new missions, new Doff races without the bloody new traits...
These new missions were released at the same time as the Gamma Quadrant DOFF pack hit the C-store. A DOFF pack that conveniently gives you DOFFs with the required traits. I think you can figure out the rest...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2012, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by transpetaflops View Post
These new missions were released at the same time as the Gamma Quadrant DOFF pack hit the C-store. A DOFF pack that conveniently gives you DOFFs with the required traits. I think you can figure out the rest...
As a STO player one grows blind to the barely hidden moneygrabs. The moment you allow them to have to much of a grip on your love for Star Trek is to painfull. Ill try out the above mentioned methodes. Eventhough im not a huge fan of allowing to many of those on my crew. Guess i need lessons in being more Multicultural on my Fed toon. There is no other option then to adapt sadly.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2012, 08:45 AM
You might be able to pick up a few on the exchange, but they're likely to be very expensive.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2012, 07:14 PM
Don't Resolve and Resilient traits now show up on new recruits? Seems like I have some by now. Of course, I simply skip tasks without a second thought if I don't have required crew.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2012, 07:50 PM
You also get a Vorta and two Jem'Hadar doffs from doing the current Featured Episodes.

But even so, how hard is it to just ignore the gold assignments? They're sort a bonus you get from buying doffs (Though you do get a few 'freebies' here and there.), and they're not something you have to do.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-15-2012, 11:11 PM
the doff missions are a mindless grind fest for dilithium...does anyone actually read or just select officers with green traits and start the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-16-2012, 12:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbeHlpnU View Post
the doff missions are a mindless grind fest for dilithium...does anyone actually read or just select officers with green traits and start the mission.
Most things in any MMO can be categorised as a mindless grind for <insert reward of choice>; but if you're using the DOFF system to grind dilithium there are much faster and easier ways of doing it.. The DOFF system is designed to emulate to administrative aspects of being captain of a Starship and as quite a few DOFFs provide some nice benefits to combat then it becomes quite beneficial to invest time into it.

In my view it adds a significant layer of gameplay and frees up my captain to focus on more 'important' and fun activities and in answer tou your specific question... Yes I do, not all mind.