Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
I have finally got my Hegh'Ta, and admittedly, I don't have it right yet.

I need some advice on

1. Any Serious imbalances (General Advice, but pretty happy now with general equipment being sorted for the most part) Mostly Fixed
2. Help with skill distribution (http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...php?build=HT_0) Advice Still Needed for next respec token!
3. BO Skills given equipment and situation (Leaning towards Option 2 presently) Mostly sorted - Taking Option 2
4. Power Level advice, given Efficient Trait and 2 Saurians w/ Efficient + Plasmonic Leech Fun

I'm a Tactical Captain. I would like to use it for STF's and PVE.

Revised Configuration

Weapons

Front: 4x Phased Polaron DC mk XI (Blue) to upgrade to equivalent beam [acc]x2/3 as possible (have accurate captain bonus to get it into criticals)
Rear: 2x Polaron Turret XI (Blue) (to upgrade to [acc]x2/3 as possible

Sets

Jem'Hadar Deflector array to upgrade to Assimilated Deflector Array
Jem'Hadar Impulse Engines to upgrade to Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines
Jem'Hadar Shields to upgrade to Paratrinic Shield Array to upgrade to Honor Guard Shield when available

Devices

Deuterium Surplus, Subspace Field Modulator

Consoles

Engineering : Neutronium Alloy, Plasma resist armor, EPS console (Don't need RCS due to high man. of ship)
Sci: Universal Assimilated Module, Field Generator mk XI, Plasmonic Leech
Tac: 3x Polaron Phase Modulator Mk XI (Or 1 x Prefire Chamber Mk XI, 1 x Polaron Phase Modulator + Something else if it doesn't stack?) Need help here

Stations

Option One Rejected

Commander - Tac
Tactical Team 1, Cannon Rapid Fire 1, Attack Pattern Omega 1, Cannon Scatter Volley III (For STF's ) or
Tactical Team 1, Cannon Scatter Volley 1, Rapid Fire 2, Rapid Fire 3, and change Lvl 1 Science to Polarize Hull for tractor escape.
]Lt. Commander - Tac
Tactical Team 1, Beam Overload 2, Attack Pattern Beta 2
Lt. Eng
Emergency Power to Shields 1, 2
Lt. - Sci
Transfer Shield Strength 1, Hazard Emitters II

Option Two Selected

Commander - Tac
Tactical Team 1, Attack Pattern Beta I, Cannon Rapid Fire II, Attack Pattern Omega II
Lt. Commander - Tac
Tactical Team 1, Canon Scatter Volley I, Attack Pattern Omega I
Lt. Eng
Emergency
Power to Shields 1, Aux. Power to Structural Integrity Field I
Lt. - Sci
Transfer Shield Strength 1, Hazard Emitters II

Original "Fail" Build

Weapons

Front: 4x Phased Polaron DC mk XI (Blue)
Rear: 2x Polaron Turret XI (Blue)

Sets

Jem'Hadar Deflector Dish
Jem Hadar Combat Impulse Engines
Jem'Hadar Shields

Devices

Deuterium Surplus, Subspace Field Modulator

Consoles

1 x Monotanium Alloy XI, 1 x Plasma Distribution Manifolds (+3.5 each to power settings)
Sci: Universal Assimilated Module, Field Generator mk XI,
Tac: 1x Polaron Phase Modulators Mk XI, 1 x Prefire Chamber Mk XI, 1 x Plasmonic Leech)

Stations

Commander - Tac
Tac Team 1, Scatter Volley 1, Rapid Fire 2, Attack Pattern Beta

Lt. Commander - Eng
Emergency Power to Shield 1, Reverse Polarity 1, Eject Warp Plasma or Emergency Power to Shields III?

Lt. Sci
Tractor Beam 1, Hazard Emitters 2

Lt. - Sci
Transfer Shield Strength 1, Polarize Hull 2

My power levels are 125 weapons, 25 engines and aux, and the rest to shields.

My skills are basically as per this one : http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...aultCruiserZ_0

I also have 2 efficient Saurians and my Captain is Efficient, Astro Phys, Accurate & Warp Theorist.

I am thinking of adding the Theta Radiation Vent and Bio-Neural warhead, but I'm not quite sure...

But it isn't right is it? The build feels... nasty. But it could be... truly vicious - right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2012, 02:53 AM
Weapons
FORE: Quantum Torpedoe, Dual Antiproton beambank, Dual Heavy Cannon Antiproton, Dual Heavy Cannon Antiproton
AFT: Antiprton Turret, Antiproton Turret
Bridge Officers

CMD Tac: Tactical Team 1,Beam Overload 2,Omega 1,Cannon Rapid Fire 3
LT CMD Eng: EPTS 1, RSP 1, EPTS 3
LT Sci: Polarize Hull 1, Hazard Emitters 2
LT Tac: Tactical Team 1, High Yield 2

Try that out, did it quickly off the top of my head. let me know what you think
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2012, 03:04 AM
I use:

3xDHC DBB
Turrets
TT1 CRF1 BO3 CRF3
HE1 TSS2 PSW1
EPtS1 EPtS2
TT1 BO2

Lose the Jemhadar set, it sucks. Instead run some stf's and get two piece of the retro borg set and a KHG shield to go with your assimilated module.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2012, 03:07 AM
Hmmm... I think I will stick with Polaron for now, and I was thinking of dedicating it to cannons and turrets and skipping the torpedo's to allow a more focused BO ability set and extra console slots (which would be then taken up with things to increase torpedo damage). With the +15 weapons as a stanard, I think this bird can sustain a decent cannon attack.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2012, 03:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I use:

3xDHC DBB
Turrets
TT1 CRF1 BO3 CRF3
HE1 TSS2 PSW1
EPtS1 EPtS2
TT1 BO2

Lose the Jemhadar set, it sucks. Instead run some stf's and get two piece of the retro borg set and a KHG shield to go with your assimilated module.
I'm upgrading to that as soon as I can, nevertheless, the Jem Hadar set boosts Polaron damage, which is nice.

Beam overload? Are you sure that works with cannons?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2012, 07:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro777
Hmmm... I think I will stick with Polaron for now, and I was thinking of dedicating it to cannons and turrets and skipping the torpedo's to allow a more focused BO ability set and extra console slots (which would be then taken up with things to increase torpedo damage). With the +15 weapons as a stanard, I think this bird can sustain a decent cannon attack.
Seriously, for STFs you want antiproton. Period. There are lots of stationary targets, and you'll get a lot of crits against them. Polaron weapons alone won't do anything noticeable unless you have a very focused energy drain build with p2w consoles, or rather, a carrier with energy siphon drones.
If you use polarons in STFs you're hurting your dps for absolutely no return.

Quote:
I'm upgrading to that as soon as I can, nevertheless, the Jem Hadar set boosts Polaron damage, which is nice.

Beam overload? Are you sure that works with cannons?
He's saying that you should swap the torpedo for a dual beam bank and use beam overload instead. BO often does more damage than a high yield volley, works against shield unlike torpedoes, and also does sustained damage during the time when your torpedos would be on cooldown. And benefits from your tac consoles.

And usually you're still better off with the borg 3-set with the honor guard shield. The jem hadar has too low max shield, you'll be oneshot left and right in elite STFs.
You need the borg console anyway, because it gives a decent damage boost and you can put it into a sci slot.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2012, 12:14 PM
"And usually you're still better off with the borg 3-set with the honor guard shield. The jem hadar has too low max shield, you'll be oneshot left and right in elite STFs."

I do plan going into Elite STF's. The universal slots open up the possibility of using alternates - Is extend shield and other team friendly options a possibility?
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
"And usually you're still better off with the borg 3-set with the honor guard shield. The jem hadar has too low max shield, you'll be oneshot left and right in elite STFs."

I do plan going into Elite STF's. The universal slots open up the possibility of using alternates - Is extend shield and other team friendly options a possibility?
In STFs, not very much so. Healing others is great in PvP, but in pve, especially in space pve, it often doesn't help much.
If you have a good tank, he will be able to keep himself alive in his cruiser without help, usually. You can use hazard emitters and transfer shield strength on him which you should have for healing yourself anyway, but I wouldn't take extend shield to an STF, since you can't use it on yourself, and you rarely need to heal others. Or rather, if someone needs more healing than what you can do with HE and TSS, they will probably die in 3 seconds anyway.

If you don't have a good tank then he will get oneshot by 60k torpedoes, regardless of your healing.

If you want to play heal/support, then do some pvp like capture and hold, it's welcome there. But you want damage, damage, damage for STFs. Definitely bring two tactical boffs.
This is especially true because you spend 2/3rds of your time in STFs shooting at stationary objects with 9km firing range like gateways, probes, transformators, and don't take a single point of damage for minutes. The only thing that poses a real challenge are tactical cubes, and those tend to onehit kill people.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2012, 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gachatar
But you want damage, damage, damage for STFs. Definitely bring two tactical boffs.
Thanks, that helps a bit actually.

The point of going all one weapon set, i.e. Heavy Cannons or Heavy Dual Cannons is that I could dedicate BO skill sets to cannons and not diversify too much, while also dumping the need for projectile training and freeing up console slots.

I think this might still be best for my play style. Any suggestions on optimising a build like that?

So really, in this ship, all BO slots are Universal - So, I could use 2 Tactical BO's, 1 Science and 1 Engineering. What would the skill sets look like then, with 2 Tac's and what would/should I drop, especially given the desire to maximise cannon damage and weapons fire.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Go with 2 tac BOs

CMDR tac: TT1, CRF1, APO1, CRF3 (APO is used mainly for borg tractor escape). Can use CSV if you want, but you will do less damage to a single target.
LTC Tac: TT1, BO2, APB2 (or APB1, BO3)
LT Eng: EPTS 1, 2
LT SCI: TTS1, HE2

Consoles - get rid of +3.5 weapon power console. you dont need it. I don't run any of those, and i get 125/95 weapon power. You could probably run less than 95 base if you are using plasmodic leech.

Get 3 of the +polaron damage tac console
Sci: assimilated console, Field generator, plasmodic leech.
Eng: Neutronium armor, Plasma resist armor, EPS console.

If you are the 'run in, unload, and get out' type, switch to DHC. Keep chaining EPTS and TT

EDIT: and don't forget to battle cloak if you have no shields left. It's one of the key advantages of the BOP. Use it. Love it. Great way to break aggro for a quick escape.