Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-16-2012, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
The Sci-BortaSQu' has a innate Shield bonus like a true sceince vessel or you mean the +10 to shield power it gets?
I could be wrong but I though all Science vessels got 15% increased Shield capacity.

You'd get a 50% shield capacity bonus on a Science Vessel that got its standard 15% + the 35% from the field generator console.

Not to mention your Captains skill point bonuses could boost your max shield capacity even further

Iím working off the assumption that the Science version of the Bortasqu has all privileges afforded to Science class vessels.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Iím working off the assumption that the Science version of the Bortasqu has all privileges afforded to Science class vessels.
All versions have the same shield modifier, so I don't think this is true. It also has no innate sub-system targeting.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
I could be wrong but I though all Science vessels got 15% increased Shield capacity.

You'd get a 50% shield capacity bonus on a Science Vessel that got its standard 15% + the 35% from the field generator console.

Not to mention your Captains skill point bonuses could boost your max shield capacity even further

Iím working off the assumption that the Science version of the Bortasqu has all privileges afforded to Science class vessels.
I think these Flagships are Cruisers with a lean towards the three Classes in STO and not a true representation of the vessel classes themselves.

Though the Odyssey does have a 1.15 sheild modifier it lacks the subsystem targeting that a true sciecne vessel has to offer and Sensor Analysis was just given the science variants to make them lean towards science than they would without it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gambit0 View Post
Iím working off the assumption that the Science version of the Bortasqu has all privileges afforded to Science class vessels.
Nice dream...but, no...it doesn't.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-16-2012, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Compared to the Odyssey it is disapointing.

First, the sci versions of each ship have the highest DPS because of Sensor Analysis.

But the Odyssey can add the Separation console to get a decent turn rate, which the Bortasqu can't. So you are basically stuck as a broadsiding beam boat, which renders the snare console and the disruptor hose useless.

(And no, the snare does not make up for turn rate, because it has a long cooldown.)

Of course, it does LOOK very cool, and has an awesome bridge...
About that Sensor analysis...is that a passive, always on thing?
I can't seem to find the ability, nor bonuses from it, listed anywhere.
Is there some way to verify it's existance or what kind of bonuses it is actually giving?
I guess I'm not used to flying a Sci ship since until recently, the KDF didn't have any.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-16-2012, 10:34 AM
You can see it as an hour-glass debuff icon on your target, and yes, it is passive. (To get it to full strength stick on the target for a minute.)

It gives +3.3% damage (all types!) per second up to +33%.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-16-2012, 10:48 AM
One cool thing about snare, regardless of where you are putting your target, is that it also disables engines.

That, to me, is potentially of far more importance in pvp (assuming they don't notice what you are doing and apply APO or polarize or whatnot)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-16-2012, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Sensor Analysis actually boosts DPS far mor than another tac console - in fact it equals about 6 consoles.
max stack = 33.33% boost
weapons console boost = 26% on energy weapons so not quite 6 vs 4 actual for energy weapons, but it does = 6 vs 4 on kinetic damage if you go all torp.

stack takes time to build up, console is sustained DPS
stack can be disrupted by jam sensors or switching targets, console is sustained regardless actually by switching targets.

so especially for beam boats, you get more sustained dps out of an extra tac console. (due to the build up time vs the extra 26% continueously on the extra tac console).

torp builds it would be better and obviously it would change depending on how many of each weapon type you have.

imo that doesn't spell I win on the SA but we'll see if any whining about it changes crypteks minds.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yogurt21
max stack = 33.33% boost
weapons console boost = 26% on energy weapons so not quite 6 vs 4 actual for energy weapons, but it does = 6 vs 4 on kinetic damage if you go all torp.
Apples and Oranges. Sensor Analysis fully-stacked is 33% more damage, no games. The console, on the other hand, stacks with all your other damage adds. The total value a given ship has will vary but it is usually around 400% when totaling all your bonuses. The consoles adds to that pile. 26% added to 400% is an increase of 6.5% in damage. Sensor Analysis fully-stacked is equal to about five consoles. The better your base build (i.e. the more damage bonuses you can eek out from various sources), the lower the benefit you get from an additional console, but SA is always consistently awesome.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-16-2012, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSRobinson
Apples and Oranges. Sensor Analysis fully-stacked is 33% more damage, no games. The console, on the other hand, stacks with all your other damage adds. The total value a given ship has will vary but it is usually around 400% when totaling all your bonuses. The consoles adds to that pile. 26% added to 400% is an increase of 6.5% in damage. Sensor Analysis fully-stacked is equal to about five consoles. The better your base build (i.e. the more damage bonuses you can eek out from various sources), the lower the benefit you get from an additional console, but SA is always consistently awesome.
we're that true escorts on the fed side wouldn't be dominant. I'd need to see some real numbers on this as
http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Sensor_Analysis

doesn't show exactly where the buff gets added.

say your 8 beam array weapons in a broadside are doing 3000 DPS with 4 tac consoles

you're saying that another energy weapon console of a 26% damage bonus will increase your damage to 3195 DPS.

You're also saying that a fully stacked SA will be doing 4000 DPS. A net inscrease of 805DPS.

At that point everyone on here who does STFs, PvP, and Fleet Action would be in Sci vessels.

I still see more cruisers and escorts.

Now I'm not coming out and saying you're wrong, I'd just need to see the numbers on that as it doesn't appear to be the case.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 AM.