Lt. Commander
# 1 What’s My Grind?:)
03-15-2012, 10:20 AM
Good morning and welcome to "What’s My Grind?" :p

I would curious to hear from other players what accolade grinds are the most fun and the most dreaded. Hopefully in a light hearted manner.

No complaints from me here. I am just doing a humorous muse. Besides accolade hunting builds character and helps train for the big high end STf’s.

I will start the ball rolling by saying the worst grind to date for me was going for the Dabo accolade. Just watching that Dabo wheel spin endlessly and listening to Leta drone on is enough to drive anyone nuts! Lol!

“Watch the wheel not the girl” “The house always wins” “Hey, hands off the hologram!” “Aww I miss Rohm” “Your luck has to change some time” “Dabo with Leta is a licensed product of Quark Enterprises” “The table isn’t rigged anymore” “Dabo!”

Although is it one of the only grinds you can do while reading a book… A big book. Lol!

The second longest grind and less painful for me was the “Order of the Batleth” You would thing killing 200 ships would be a cinch. Not when you have to carve your way thru 5 game grids just to kill 3 ships at time. That’s 66 times. Hehe!

I would love to hear your accolades grinding hopefully funny horror stories. If your like me you sometimes find yourself saying “Oh god when will this grind end?”
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 10:25 AM
I usually have all more Borg grinds done before I leave the Tutorial. Those 200 probes die really fast there. The 1,000 ground Borg take a little longer.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 10:52 AM
Good idea, I hope this thread does stay light-hearted.

Recently, I achieved the accolade for AP space weapons damage on an alt during a STF run (somewhere between 30-50 minutes); the toon started the STF with zero AP damage to its name. I was so use to dozens of Deep Space Encounters or System Patrols to get the damage ones done.

My main Fed character from launch still hasn't completed the Nausicaan ship accolade, been stuck on ~117 for like 8 months. Those mobs just don't show up in the storyline after ~Commander, and I've been too lazy to Foundry-grind them.

The grindfest I hated the most was for my current Fed main during the Great Content Lull of 2011. Really didn't want to do any of the story missions or System Patrols, so just rotated between the 2 Deep Space Encounters closest to my level blowing up the same critters over and over again for hours on end. I basically leveled the toon from Lt. Cmdr to Rear Admiral on DSEs alone.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intricated View Post
Good idea, I hope this thread does stay light-hearted.

Recently, I achieved the accolade for AP space weapons damage on an alt during a STF run (somewhere between 30-50 minutes); the toon started the STF with zero AP damage to its name. I was so use to dozens of Deep Space Encounters or System Patrols to get the damage ones done.

My main Fed character from launch still hasn't completed the Nausicaan ship accolade, been stuck on ~117 for like 8 months. Those mobs just don't show up in the storyline after ~Commander, and I've been too lazy to Foundry-grind them.

The grindfest I hated the most was for my current Fed main during the Great Content Lull of 2011. Really didn't want to do any of the story missions or System Patrols, so just rotated between the 2 Deep Space Encounters closest to my level blowing up the same critters over and over again for hours on end. " I basically leveled the toon from Lt. Cmdr to Rear Admiral on DSEs alone."

Good idea! I have always looked for ways to kill two birds with one stone or sometimes even three.

A good example for me would be the Undine kill accolade. I believe it’s a 1,000 Undine that need killing and if you play it right you can get your antiproton ground damage as well. You just have to let the bosses kill you over and over again. It's not as bad as it sounds. It actually move quite quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2012, 12:06 PM
The "random chance to encounter the enemy you need to kill" grinds are the worst....

I'm confident it will take me longer to kill that last borg boss in the defera power plant hard mission than it took to finish the exploration accolades... ALL the exploration accoades... COMBINED.

Random is bad... random within a timed event that never seems to be going when I have time to play is worse... and combine that with a forced team requirement is just insanity.

Sometimes I think the devs hate people who enjoy collecting accolades... (MK. 12 elite STF set gear drop rates if you don't believe me...)
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
LOL at anyone who thinks these STF's are hard or 'high end' hahahahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trueheart
The "random chance to encounter the enemy you need to kill" grinds are the worst....

I'm confident it will take me longer to kill that last borg boss in the defera power plant hard mission than it took to finish the exploration accolades... ALL the exploration accoades... COMBINED.

Random is bad... random within a timed event that never seems to be going when I have time to play is worse... and combine that with a forced team requirement is just insanity.

Sometimes I think the devs hate people who enjoy collecting accolades... (MK. 12 elite STF set gear drop rates if you don't believe me...)

Oh I can believe it! The explorations missions are pure drudgery but at least you get anomalies and some useful white drops for your Bo’s for your trouble. But to come away with nearly nothing in a elite mission has got to be a terrible thing. That’s why I decided to stay in the Ye ole Back 40 and tidy up the accolade list.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2012, 02:18 PM
My most hated grind?

The Dabo one. It takes forever! Not only that, but I also want all the trophies. The first time I tried to get the big trophies.... they were lost due to a glitch, so I didn't go back to that accolade for months. I grinded it again before the holidays... got all the wall trophies and one floor trophy before I quit out of sheer boredom.

The bright side is I got to listen to a lot of RP at Quarks.

My most dreaded grind?

Sector Patrol and Star Cluster Exploration accolades. Doing one of each in any given sector would take me a weekend of straight grinding, or a week or two of standard grinding. The thing that made these extra slow is the cooldown, so I would do a 'Kill X Amount of Enemies', then while it cooled down I would do 3 star cluster exploration missions' in the star cluster next door, then go back to patrols, repeat. So far, got Sirius, B'tran and Regulus. Partially done Pi Canis. Not sure if I have the heart to do more (if it's even possible).

Most frustrating grind?

The Cure Ground STF. That prototype gun is still not showing up. I got everything else for both MACO and Omega Force sets. C'mon game... throw me a bone and give me those guns! It's frustrating because I have no control over what I get, and whenever I don't get it I groan and dread just how many more times I have to run this mission. On the bright side... I've gotten particularly good at it!

The Grind that I really don't want to do?

Infected Ground Elite. It's the last one in the set I need. It's extremely difficult with PuGs. I know that with PuGs it's gonna be awhile due to the sheer difficulty, and the heartbreak of getting close but not quite... horrible! I could try for a premade group, but I'm wary of the Elite STF community. The impression I get from them is that one screwup will leave me blacklisted for a very long time. So I either put my reputation on the line to get it done, or look forward to grinding it out in the amateur league. Tough choice...
Lt. Commander
# 9 opps
03-15-2012, 03:25 PM
opps. opps
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1nONLY_DRock
My most hated grind?

The Dabo one. It takes forever! Not only that, but I also want all the trophies. The first time I tried to get the big trophies.... they were lost due to a glitch, so I didn't go back to that accolade for months. I grinded it again before the holidays... got all the wall trophies and one floor trophy before I quit out of sheer boredom.

( heaven’s yes! It’s a mind numbing experience. Bring a book) lol!

The bright side is I got to listen to a lot of RP at Quarks. (this tis true)

My most dreaded grind?

Sector Patrol and Star Cluster Exploration accolades. Doing one of each in any given sector would take me a weekend of straight grinding, or a week or two of standard grinding. The thing that made these extra slow is the cooldown, so I would do a 'Kill X Amount of Enemies', then while it cooled down I would do 3 star cluster exploration missions' in the star cluster next door, then go back to patrols, repeat. So far, got Sirius, B'tran and Regulus. Partially done Pi Canis. Not sure if I have the heart to do more (if it's even possible).

(Good Idea to mix it up! I ramp up the Borg engines via driver coil skill to make travel from one cluster a bit faster to deal with the mission cool downs.)

Most frustrating grind?

The Cure Ground STF. That prototype gun is still not showing up. I got everything else for both MACO and Omega Force sets. C'mon game... throw me a bone and give me those guns! It's frustrating because I have no control over what I get, and whenever I don't get it I groan and dread just how many more times I have to run this mission. On the bright side... I've gotten particularly good at it!

(I am glad you are able to find a positive in that one. I am saving the STF’s for last so I can give them my fullest attention and resources.)

The Grind that I really don't want to do?

Infected Ground Elite. It's the last one in the set I need. It's extremely difficult with PuGs. I know that with PuGs it's gonna be awhile due to the sheer difficulty, and the heartbreak of getting close but not quite... horrible! I could try for a premade group, but I'm wary of the Elite STF community. The impression I get from them is that one screwup will leave me blacklisted for a very long time. So I either put my reputation on the line to get it done, or look forward to grinding it out in the amateur league. Tough choice...
(Again I am saving the STF’s for last so I can give them my fullest attention and resources. As far was as being “blacklisted” I would try to find a group or a fleet who make regular runs at it with the stipulation that they are all in training and aim to get a little better with every attempt.)