Lt. Commander
# 121
03-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
still an awesome quote though.
I wish I could make a Vorlon in-game. Though he couldn't really do ground missions...

Ooh. I could probably come close to a Narn. Centauri would be easy, except the hair. And, really, what's a Centauri without his hair? (Emperor, apparently. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrusillaDarko View Post
So...I could quote supply and demand and economic theory an' all that but quite simply, if you think it's a rip-off don't buy it. I don't and I have no reason to feel guilty for it as I have the right to spend my money as I choose. I believe it fair...so you moaners go boycott all you wish...I'll just enjoy my ship
This absolutely sums up my feelings too. I've been here off and on since Season 2. I've gone Silver for now, but next time there's a Lifetime sale going on, I'll probably snag it. I love this game, have no problem dropping cash for a ship I like, and think Cryptic has a good shot at this game now that they're out from under Atari's yoke.
Lt. Commander
# 122
03-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
With a hobby you usually have something to show for your purchase and it is yours forever until you decide to get rid of it, but with a virtual item it is only there as log as the server is up. If STO closes next month everyone loses all their investments.

A an MMO store should be about small transaction not large ones. Most people who were unwilling to pay $15 a month will not shove out $25 or $50. There are people who were wiling to put out money for a subscription, but will not be willing to put out this kind of money especially if it does not add content. If buy an expasion pack from LOTRO for those prices I get tons of content, 3 mounts, 3 outfits, some item. to improve my stats, and a house.

These ship are nowhere worth the price. The ships actually seem incomplete and after waiting so long for them they should have had new interiors made for them.

Really? Smoking fine cigars is a hobby of mine. I smoke 1-2 a day when I can afford them. A box of my cigars cost $130.00, there are 20 cigars in a box. So for less than a few weeks "entertainment" what am I left to show for it? Ash? An empty cigar box? Neither are worth $130.00. No, you spend the money for the enjoyment you get in return.

Mounts in your LOTRO cost $25, mounts in WoW cost $25. Mounts in PWI cost MUCH more when you add in the necessary "optional" improvements. Many people obviously find this price point acceptible for the enjoyment they get in return. You obviously don't , so don't buy it. Nothing more needs be said.
Lt. Commander
# 123
03-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Yes it does. ... But more than that, the bortaSqu' gets a bridge of its own that makes me feel as if I am commanding a star destroyer.
Screenshots anyone?
Lt. Commander
# 124
03-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VengefulDjinn
Screenshots anyone?
Here you go.
Lt. Commander
# 125
03-16-2012, 04:09 PM
So...I hear all the feedback was ignored once more?
Lt. Commander
# 126
03-16-2012, 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Did you test it on Tribble?

DID YOU TEST IT ON TRIBBLE??????

NO, you didn't yet you still come out and cry "NERF" without even knowing what your talking about.

You are they type of player that makes others, like myself, not want to spend money on a ship or item that is sound in design but will be nerfed after the the fact becuase of fedplayer/KDF hate driven propaganda.

Had you bothered to even just Transfer a toon over to Tribble you would've learned that the ships, while powerful on paper, are not the OP boogeymen of Klingon nastyness you are blindly preaching them to be.

The Disruptor Autocannon can not be buffed by abilities and unlike the Galaxy Dreadnought and Phaser lance it is a DoT weapon mounted on a ship with a turnrate way too low to bring it to bear in combat easily. Coupled with its long cool down plus that 5.5 turnrate the only time you will see this thing fire is in a surprise attack. After that its useless, as all cannons except turrets will be on this vessel.

But please continue your littany of nerfs cries on a vessel that you did not even have time to test but find plenty of reasons and time to condemn without evidence to support your claims.

Other claim to not want to buy it due to price or the proliferation of P2W.
Me, I am holding off becuase players like you will have it nerfed due to conjecture and misguided concepts of balance based evidently from a blind hatred of the faction I enjoy in a game about Star Fleet that caters mainly to star fleet, that we Klingons are getting favortism from the Devs.
I'm responding to P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R as well with this. I found out about the ships going up for testing a day before they went up. Do you honestly think I would have been able to create a "Klingon" character and level him up around 25 levels in one day just for the sole purpose of testing the new "Klingon" ships? I actually have a life outside of the game and can't spend an entire day on leveling one character just to test one new ship that comes in three flavors. And you're forgetting about the subspace jump console, the one that puts an enemy ship right infront of you. That should combine with the Autocannon in a fairly nasty combo unless they tied the cooldown on one triggers a cooldown on the other. I would hardly expect anyone to create a character for no purpose but to test one item and nothing else. Waste of time if you ask me. Thus all a person in that situation can do is go off of what they read, and so far I've not seen much of anything about the "Klingon" ships. If everyone on the Fed side did as you two wanted then nobody on the Fed side would be saying anything about the "Klingon" ships and the Fed ships would be eternally under the Nerf-bat while the "Klingon" ships stay way too powerful.
Lt. Commander
# 127
03-16-2012, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGeek View Post
Ooh. I could probably come close to a Narn. Centauri would be easy, except the hair. And, really, what's a Centauri without his hair? (Emperor, apparently. )
Female...

I do like the Odyssey and Bortas classes, sure looks good. However at that price its not going to happen. **shrug**

I think I'll continue to fly my crappy normal versions, and save my stipend for the 4 billion C-points Andorian ship we've been waiting over a year for.
Equally I fully expect Cryptic to ignore my purchasing decisions. BTW: What price is the Dreadnought at the moment? I seem to recall that was about the same price when it came out.
Lt. Commander
# 128 Help BranFlakes
03-16-2012, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWE_BranFlakes
Both the Federation and the Klingon Defense Force are ready to launch their new flagship cruisers, equipped with brand-new powers and abilities. They are now available in the C-Store as single and bundle purchases.

Link to the news article.
BranFlakes could you get who ever is in charge of Logans work to fix the Odys Bridge, the Captains Ready room door doesnt work, just says open, also when you use the turbolift from the other 2 decks, crew and engineering to go back to the bridge you end up on the transporter pad instead of walking out of the turbolife that you got on. THanks.
Lt. Commander
At first I was excited that the Odyssey class possibly becoming a c-store ship. Unfortunately I missed the event by a day to get the free version.

Now I'm ****ed at the price but wowed by the options.

****ed:

$50 for three ships....period.

I would leave it at that but Cryptic ****ed me off in another way.

They make it seem like it is cost effective by artificially inflating the price of each individual ship to 2000K. However in the past ships averaged about 1200-1600 C-Points. That already makes the bargain three more than the established average.

Not only does that **** me off as a person, it ****es me off as a Trekker.

If Cryptic can think they can get away with this they can Luh'jiH!

Wowed:

If you buy all three you get two combat pets, repair bees, and a cruiser that fights like an Excelsior that has two universal BO slots. Yummy if you are a Klingon raider pvp-er wanting a cruiser with uni-BOslots.

It essentially becomes the Fed equivalent of a limited carrier.

Generally a ship put you back about 1500 to 1600. I did see the C-Store go up on a few to 1800 to 2k I think (probably testing to see how much we can be milked).

The ship would be worth 1200 k each with a 3k package price. No more. ESPECIALLY since bug testing hasn't been properly run on the ship yet.

Final Thoughts:

I started STO at launch, played for about a year and a half off and on and then had to quit due to finances. Since it was either play alone on STO or play with friends on WoW, I chose WoW. As soon as I started hearing about STO turning FTP I came back.

My oh my how it has changed. It was cheap in the beginning (as far as content) but fun in PvP. A "Shipper" like me (what I call people soo obsessed with the ships that they beat off to them, joke) creating their own custom federation ship and seeing how it compares with others....damn.

Anyways, this game is hovering near dangerous territory. I hope they shape up before too many people leave a la Galaxies.
Lt. Commander
# 130
03-16-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

Really? Smoking fine cigars is a hobby of mine. I smoke 1-2 a day when I can afford them. A box of my cigars cost $130.00, there are 20 cigars in a box. So for less than a few weeks "entertainment" what am I left to show for it? Ash? An empty cigar box? Neither are worth $130.00. No, you spend the money for the enjoyment you get in return.

Mounts in your LOTRO cost $25, mounts in WoW cost $25. Mounts in PWI cost MUCH more when you add in the necessary "optional" improvements. Many people obviously find this price point acceptible for the enjoyment they get in return. You obviously don't , so don't buy it. Nothing more needs be said.
Smoking is a habit not a hobby, lol. Deluxe expansion came with 3, and a bunch of other things, and content for 49.99 which where account wide. The unique mounts also go on sale all the time. I've never paid more than $15 for a mount and there is no real need or benefit to buy a mount in lotro. lotro also allows you to get points in game without the need of someone to buy those points in order to make them available to other players in game.

In STO there are real advantages with the ships in the C-Store. There has not been any discounts in C-Store since F2P.