Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 151
03-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm not following all the complaints about the bundle pricing.

I can follow the complaints about the individual prices (2000 per ship is a little too much) but the bundle pricing is a good deal even if they were at the old Tier 5 price of 1600.

2000*3 = 6000 = 2000 C-Points Saved

1600*3 = 4800 = 800 C-Points saved

4000/3 = 1334 C-Points per ship (rounded up to the nearest whole number)

So in buying the Bundle, you're getting 3 ships, for less than the price of the old T5 ships.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 152
04-02-2012, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekkieTravis View Post
Because they aren't Tac or Sci ships...they are Cruisers. They are just cruisers with a "lean" toward Eng/Tac/Sci. These are still Cruiser (i.e. Engineering) ships.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see the Commander stations being a Tac or Sci, it's just not the way the ship classes are designed to date.
Your Argument is invalid, I don't care if it's a cruiser. The Enterprise-D was an explorer, yet your telling me that William Riker was an engineer becauses the Enterprise-D is a cruiser? that's silly

Please change this soon Cryptic because I am totally regretting buying the Ody pack when it came out today since I got my Science to VA and realized that it would be worthless in this ship.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 153
04-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranthraxis
Your Argument is invalid, I don't care if it's a cruiser. The Enterprise-D was an explorer, yet your telling me that William Riker was an engineer becauses the Enterprise-D is a cruiser? that's silly

Please change this soon Cryptic because I am totally regretting buying the Ody pack when it came out today since I got my Science to VA and realized that it would be worthless in this ship.
there is a engineer variant, tactical variant and a science variant. the universal LTC and ENSIGN slots alllow one to tailor any of the variants to one's desires, regardless if it is a cruiser .
so you as a science player could use the science variant and mount 2 sci BOffs (LTC and LT)
and still have a commander Eng BOff slot, a Ensign BOff slot and a LT tactical BOff slot.

Its still a cruiser though and thats how the game is divided in the three classes
Cruiser= primarily engineer
Science = primarily science
Escort = primarily tactical
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 154
04-02-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranthraxis
Your Argument is invalid, I don't care if it's a cruiser. The Enterprise-D was an explorer, yet your telling me that William Riker was an engineer becauses the Enterprise-D is a cruiser? that's silly

Please change this soon Cryptic because I am totally regretting buying the Ody pack when it came out today since I got my Science to VA and realized that it would be worthless in this ship.
If I remember correctly Riker used to wear yellow...and your doing something wrong if you feel worthless just because your commander slot is for a engineer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 155
04-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyranthraxis
Your Argument is invalid, I don't care if it's a cruiser. The Enterprise-D was an explorer, yet your telling me that William Riker was an engineer becauses the Enterprise-D is a cruiser? that's silly

Please change this soon Cryptic because I am totally regretting buying the Ody pack when it came out today since I got my Science to VA and realized that it would be worthless in this ship.
You should of read the specs before purchasing...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 156
04-06-2012, 07:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
If I remember correctly Riker used to wear yellow...and your doing something wrong if you feel worthless just because your commander slot is for a engineer.
In real star trek, the uniform colours indicated different things than STO:

TOS:

Gold: Command / Officers of the Line
Red: Engineering and Operations / Security
Blue: Science and Medical

TNG:

Red: Command / Officers of the Line
Gold: Engineering and Operations/Security
Blue -> Green: Science and Medical

Before Picard wore red, he would have likely worn blue as he was an Archeologist.
Worf wore Command red until switching career paths and donning Operations gold until reaching DS9 where he switched career paths again and wore Command red again.

Canonical ship captains, XOs and other line officers wore red, regardless of their initial career path.

Also, the engineering commander slot on your ship doesn't necessarily mean that it is your XO, just that you have an engineer that is ranked commander who is controlling the engineering station.

I personally would prefer that every captain wore Command red. Tactical, Engineering/Operations and science/medical would be a specialisation; something from the captain's previous career path upon which they choose to focus. Perhaps in the tutorial mission, your character would wear his division colour until reaching ESD where the Admiral would make the transfer to command official and you go to the costume tailor to select your new red uniform.

...

Then again, I am quite fond of my "Command White" uniform. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 157
04-08-2012, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Before Picard wore red, he would have likely worn blue as he was an Archeologist.
Archaeology was just Picard's hobby. It's not clear what his official duties were right out of the Academy but, by the time he was assigned to the Stargazer, he was a Conn Officer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 158
04-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluegrassGeek View Post
Archaeology was just Picard's hobby. It's not clear what his official duties were right out of the Academy but, by the time he was assigned to the Stargazer, he was a Conn Officer.
I used that reference because in the alternate history where Picard didn't get stabbed through the heart by the Nausicaan, he was in the science department.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 159
04-08-2012, 03:34 PM
I just bought the bundle... would be nice if it was on a discount like the rest of the stuff but oh well. need to get the damn thing moving faster now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 160
04-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
If I remember correctly Riker used to wear yellow...and your doing something wrong if you feel worthless just because your commander slot is for a engineer.
William Riker never wore yellow; his career was in security. Thomas Riker wore a yellow one, though.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:50 AM.