Lt. Commander
# 11
03-15-2012, 12:07 PM
Given that the game is free to play now, and despite how I used to rail against the C-Store, I have no problem with paying into the C-Store for the 3 pack of Odysseys. What a bargain.

Although, I DO hope that Cryptic doesn't continue to toss new shinies at us and refuse to fix problems with them once they've got our money. Hopefully now that the C-Store is a larger percentage of Cryptic's income, they'll go back to service the products they've created as an act of good faith and to encourage others to purchase from the C-Store, secure in the feeling that Cryptic will address any issues with the products it sells.
If they do not, well... I'm sure that the lack of sales to people who hear about them selling broken products without refunds and with no promise of resolution will help them to do so.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Awesome, but still gonna wait to see how badly they may be nerfed before spending the money.

I love them the way they are but do not look forward to the mental breakdown that would happen to me if I had spent $50-$100 and then they where changed due to misconceptions of OPness from the playerbase.
The existing Turn Rates are real Deal Breakers for me. Not to brag, but I got the cash to easily spend $100 and get all six ships. But I hate flying slugs.

Considering the set bonus turn rate has already been nerfed, and there's still diddling to do, I have to agree with Roach.

If, and that's a big if, I decide to purchase one or more of these ships, it's not going to be until I feel confident all the nerf bats have finished swinging. Then I'll see what's left and decide from there.

Lt. Commander
# 13
03-15-2012, 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Considering the set bonus turn rate has already been nerfed, and there's still diddling to do, I have to agree with Roach.
Oh... ew.

Maybe I'll wait for the turn rate bonus to be un-nerfed.

That and I'm reading that the zoom nerf-fix isn't as nice as promised, so perhaps I'll wait on that, too. Personally, I would love for the zoom to go back to post launch levels. Let us clip through the ships, what's the big deal? If people are getting sand in their shorts about it, they can simply not zoom in so far.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-15-2012, 12:20 PM
No money from me! No real testing, nerfed in a way no one wanted yet you let glaring bugs/ OPness carry on regardless. Need I go on?

Maybe if it were 4000cp for all the ships including kdf, I might be tempted, but I will not spend what you are asking especially since they will be nerfed after the purchase instead of testing properly and fixing them prior to live sale...

I struggle these days to find even an ounce of sense left at cryptic, I guess Atari took that with them....
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-15-2012, 12:28 PM
As much as I hate using cruisers, I would be very interested in trying out the tactical version if the price was more reasonable, around 1000cp. As it is now, I can't justify spending that much on another ship purchase, and it would be 5 months before I could save enough monthly c-point stipends to get one, and by then it probably won't even be worth it anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-15-2012, 12:29 PM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
. What a bargain.
Oh, I agree, personally for me, that it is a bargain at this price.
As they are currently, unnerfed or altered.
Still going wait and see how the chips fall before spending the money.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-15-2012, 12:30 PM
Awesome prices. Half the cost of a full game for 1 single ship in a game. fantastic.

For all the dumb things ppl bash Cryptic over, we seem to be really bad at proving their prices are insane.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-15-2012, 12:34 PM
[quote=Roach;4097078]
Quote:

Oh, I agree, personally for me, that it is a bargain at this price.
As they are currently, unnerfed or altered.
Still going wait and see how the chips fall before spending the money.
True, but I may wait after all. I've read about the turn rate buff on the set bonus being nerfed as well as the zoom fix only being a fix for the Odyssey, not for ships like the Exploration, Assault or Star Cruisers.

Seriously, give us a min/max zoom setting in options so those of us who don't mind clipping into our ships can still zoom in to see the prettiness and those who get cranky when they do can not have to panic and forget they can zoom back out again when they do.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksunG View Post
Awesome prices. Half the cost of a full game for 1 single ship in a game. fantastic.

For all the dumb things ppl bash Cryptic over, we seem to be really bad at proving their prices are insane.
it is not hard to prove that they are way over price. DC Universe Online new DLC is $9.99
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-15-2012, 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
it is not hard to prove that they are way over price. DC Universe Online new DLC is $9.99
i guess what I mean is that we suck at NOT BUYING the overpriced crap enough for them to change their prices.

people: these prices are ridiculous. STOP BUYING THIS STUFF. Ships shouldn't cost more than $10. Act like it.