Lt. Commander
# 41
03-15-2012, 01:57 PM
Prices are over the top, 20 euro per piece is silly, its the same reason i refuse to buy the multi vector ship, i already have the prometheus that can use the console, so why exactly is the MV so expensive?
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Why you guys ask for feedback on the forums and then ignore it? I just dont get it!
This ^^

Thanks a lot for letting us waste our time.

Here is how I imagine it went down:

Quote:
Dev one: I've been reading the feedback, and the players have some valid points. We should really nerf these OP ships, especially that science one with 8 weaps and sensor analysis.

Dev two: Yeah, we should, but its good for sales. Maybe we will nerf them after we collect the money.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-15-2012, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc75 View Post
http://www.stowiki.org/Federation_pl...rship#Upcoming

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...31&postcount=2

Rumor is that it will be an Admiralty Tier version of the Akira... only playable at the T5+ Admiral ranks.

Rumor also that it will only be available from the C-Store... for a grand low, low low price of only ... your entire monthly pay check! >/rolls eyes...
I've been waiting 2 years for a T5 Akira, but there was that silly excuse of "Well if we make a T5 Akira, we have to make a T5 Olympic class." which made absolutely no sense. As if there's some law that said they had to bump the golf ball up to T5 if they did the Akira even though literally no one wanted them to.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stromgold View Post
Dev two: Yeah, we should, but its good for sales. Maybe we will nerf them after we collect the money.
I definitely could see that being the case.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
The existing Turn Rates are real Deal Breakers for me. Not to brag, but I got the cash to easily spend $100 and get all six ships. But I hate flying slugs.

Considering the set bonus turn rate has already been nerfed, and there's still diddling to do, I have to agree with Roach.

If, and that's a big if, I decide to purchase one or more of these ships, it's not going to be until I feel confident all the nerf bats have finished swinging. Then I'll see what's left and decide from there.

I am also not getting the logic of the turn rate change in the first place - turn rate alone cannot balance Sensor Analysis, extra consoles, extra hull and extra shields. The only thing it may do is turn people off because the ship isn't fun to play, but it'S not turning them off because it's not powerful enough.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-15-2012, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am also not getting the logic of the turn rate change in the first place - turn rate alone cannot balance Sensor Analysis, extra consoles, extra hull and extra shields. The only thing it may do is turn people off because the ship isn't fun to play, but it'S not turning them off because it's not powerful enough.
You'd think that starfleet would just add stronger RCS thrusters to make up for the extra mass.
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor_Forthright View Post
I'll take "how not to get my money" for 100 Alex.

I mean really not only are they over priced but you, again, don't allow for extensive testing on Tribble. And even if your QA team looked at them that's not enough, I mean your QA team let all the FE bugs get through.
I've been thinking for some time now...I believe, that infact there is no more QA team...or anyone looking at feedback for that matter.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Over reactions. My fear is these great ships will be hit with a nerf bat because of PvPer over rections and cries of OP.

Still, I shall enjoy them while I can.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-15-2012, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc75 View Post
Is it sad that...

My all Purple MK VIII equipt Defiant...

Could easily blast all 6 of these whales clean out of the sky?

The C-Store is a waste of money and just not worth it... No think you Cryptic, I can do better... MUCH better, on a Teir 4 Captain ship outfitted with all Rares and Ultra Rares from the C-Store![/i]
This deserves a very loud "duh!"

If you don't equip a T5 ship with anything but the basic equipment it comes with, yeah, a T4 equipped with all Purples is going to be superior. I don't see why this is a revelation.
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-15-2012, 02:43 PM
I think I'm gonna stick with my Sov.