Lt. Commander
# 51
03-15-2012, 03:54 PM
Hey, pretty ships. I love the oddessy class. I want to get the oddy pack pretty baddly-
but no, I have no more money to spend. I have spent enough on STO recently.

please;
Keep adding stuff, more playable races, a wider variety of bridge officers, implement first officers fully, continue to add ship interior functionality, continue to collect costumes,props, parts,art from all of your games and bring it here, add more *NEW* stuff too.

but 'repackaging' old ships as VICE ADMIRAL, or ADMIRAL tier has got to stop. I won't buy a VA defiant, because I already have one.

create a C-store item that will allow a player to upgrade a ship by one tier, akin to giving a ship a promotion. you could think of it as the captain earning a new rank, and using resources to upgrade,refit,modify,enhance, their favorite vessel. a captain who knows every intimate detail about his ship; adding weapon hard points, shield emitters, impulse steering thrusters, sensor nodes to the hull on the outside. On the inside; unused crew quarters modified for batteries and deutirum storage. turning an unused cargo bay into an expansion for engineering +second warpcore, replacing an outdatted tower with a newer computer core (bio neural, nano-tronic, photonic, quantum computing). if you really get into the idea of ship upgrades as internal ship functionality, it could open new doors.
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-15-2012, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksunG View Post
i guess what I mean is that we suck at NOT BUYING the overpriced crap enough for them to change their prices.

people: these prices are ridiculous. STOP BUYING THIS STUFF. Ships shouldn't cost more than $10. Act like it.

I'm a ship collector. Nobody listened with the lotto boxes and spent hundreds per person for a CHANCE to get a ship. Now we're stuck with lotto boxes. If the community can't rally behind that, I'll be damned if I pass up on real, genuine, non-lotto ships just to try and "send a message".

2000cp didn't suprise me. The dred is $25.00 so I'm glad the Ody isn't higher. Also, I'm pleasantly suprused that they offered a bundle price, they didn't have to.

8 toons, 4 on each side. 8k cp, 6 ships. So either 1.33k cp per ship, or 1k cp per toon for new ships, either way sounds like a bargan to me.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Considering the set bonus turn rate has already been nerfed, and there's still diddling to do, I have to agree with Roach.
Nerfed how, though?
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-15-2012, 04:02 PM
I don't know about anyone else, but the Klingon's new Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser is way messed up in my opinion. It gets the autocannon AND 5 tactical console slots?! If the Odyssey Tactical Cruiser had that many tactical consoles and a powerful weapon console like that everyone would be screaming about how it's OP and unbalanced and everything. Give the Odyssey Tactical Cruiser 5 tactical console slots and the ability to use the spinal lance weapon or nix one tactical console from the Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser and change the autocannon console to something else that would still be quite useful. As is, the Klingon ship would be able to out class and out gun the Federation's new ship when they should be able to fight to a draw most of the time.
Lt. Commander
# 55
03-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelSilhouette View Post
Nerfed how, though?
The +1 turn rate bonus from having all three set pices installed was lowered to +.5.
Lt. Commander
# 56
03-15-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-A-T-H-F-I-N-D-E-R
Over reactions. My fear is these great ships will be hit with a nerf bat because of PvPer over rections and cries of OP.

Still, I shall enjoy them while I can.

Unfortunately this is more of a when than an if. Sometimes I wish PvP would shrivel up and die in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 57
03-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Did any of the bugs (such as the ready room not having working door) on Tribble get fixed before they rolled these out?
Lt. Commander
# 58
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenEricII

8 toons, 4 on each side. 8k cp, 6 ships. So either 1.33k cp per ship, or 1k cp per toon for new ships, either way sounds like a bargan to me.
Most people aren't as rich and obsessive. I'm sure "collectors" will need to feed their addiction, I don't expect that to change, but the average person can value their money higher. It'd be nice to make STO not a game only for privileged addicts but to a wide spectrum of people. If they end up going the "collector" route it will certainly line up with PWE's vision, but I rather them not keep this up.
Lt. Commander
# 59
03-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakitty
I don't know about anyone else, but the Klingon's new Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser is way messed up in my opinion. It gets the autocannon AND 5 tactical console slots?! If the Odyssey Tactical Cruiser had that many tactical consoles and a powerful weapon console like that everyone would be screaming about how it's OP and unbalanced and everything. Give the Odyssey Tactical Cruiser 5 tactical console slots and the ability to use the spinal lance weapon or nix one tactical console from the Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser and change the autocannon console to something else that would still be quite useful. As is, the Klingon ship would be able to out class and out gun the Federation's new ship when they should be able to fight to a draw most of the time.
As it is now none of the tac versions should worry you.
Lt. Commander
# 60
03-15-2012, 04:30 PM
Got them all this morning before I left for my class via the site store, will be ingame tonight when I get home move my build over and cosoles over to the one I'm gonna use on each for my fed and klink