Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 61
03-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnterpriseSovereign View Post
I knew it was only a matter of time until they released them in C store if you weren't around to claim your free one when FTP arrived.
That's the funny thing: I was around when F2P launched, I'm a lifetimer, and I was never given such an offer.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 62
03-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anothername View Post
As it is now none of the tac versions should worry you.
I'm not worried, just a bit agrivated that they basically gave the Klink side a ship that can rip just about any Fed ship to shreads in just seconds. Add to it the subspace jump from the command Klink ship and it's even worse, add the third console and it's downright ugly. All three of those on the Klink's tactical ship with the proper consoles and it could probably take on any of the STF's by itself in Elite mode. The fact that none of the new Fed ships can do that with the console set and whatnot sends the balance even more in favor of the Klink ships. I'd bet that the Klink cruiser could take on a fleet of all three of the new Fed ships, each equiped with a set of the new consoles, and win without being taken down to half of it's Hull HP. That is definately OP and not right that the Fed ships don't get the same treatment.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 63
03-15-2012, 03:38 PM
I would buy a Bortas the second Cryptic says there plans for the kdf faction. But they won't support it. Neither will I.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 64
03-15-2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
I would buy a Bortas the second Cryptic says there plans for the kdf faction. But they won't support it. Neither will I.
They said that a lot, isnīt enough anymore.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 65
03-15-2012, 03:44 PM
well they never actually said any plans.
They just said that they couldn't tell us their plans because it would magically "spoil us".
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 66
03-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarksunG View Post
Most people aren't as rich and obsessive. I'm sure "collectors" will need to feed their addiction, I don't expect that to change, but the average person can value their money higher. It'd be nice to make STO not a game only for privileged addicts but to a wide spectrum of people. If they end up going the "collector" route it will certainly line up with PWE's vision, but I rather them not keep this up.

Yes, I'm priveleged. I live in rent controlled housing, I'm on a fixed income (disability retired), medi(don't)care is my insurance. Oh boy am I priveleged! Get, don't get. Spend, don't spend. You don't have to be rich to afford a hobby. A wide spectrum of people played the lotto box. I suspect a wide spectrum of people will get these ships. Maybe you're the one in the minority.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 67
03-15-2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagardon_Kahn
That's the funny thing: I was around when F2P launched, I'm a lifetimer, and I was never given such an offer.
Everyone who logged in on the 2nd anniversary weekend was given the option to accept a mission to get a (slightly lower) version of the Odyssey for free. You just had to log in and complete the mission during the 2nd anniversary event the first weekend in February.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 68
03-15-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks, I'm looking forward to picking up the Tac version tonight.

$18.75 USD 1500 Cryptic Points + Stipend + some Dilithium Exchange

Hope you fix the Aegis graphics issue! [IMAGE]
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 69
03-15-2012, 04:21 PM
I thought that there would be some costume options for that ship. I just refuse to buy that ship until then.

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 70
03-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chakitty
I'm not worried, just a bit agrivated that they basically gave the Klink side a ship that can rip just about any Fed ship to shreads in just seconds. Add to it the subspace jump from the command Klink ship and it's even worse, add the third console and it's downright ugly. All three of those on the Klink's tactical ship with the proper consoles and it could probably take on any of the STF's by itself in Elite mode. The fact that none of the new Fed ships can do that with the console set and whatnot sends the balance even more in favor of the Klink ships. I'd bet that the Klink cruiser could take on a fleet of all three of the new Fed ships, each equiped with a set of the new consoles, and win without being taken down to half of it's Hull HP. That is definately OP and not right that the Fed ships don't get the same treatment.
Ummm .... Have flown it???

Its not as super as you think as there are counter to those console abilities. I know this ia testing on tribble.

So don't call it OP until you've tried it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:26 AM.