Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 11
03-17-2012, 02:42 PM
The comment about the C-Store ships are not necessary to play the game is true, but that not my issue here.

I would like to support the game, but at these prices are a bit outrageous. The ships are only for 10 levels and not for throughout the game. There are no new interiors, the bridge area feels incomplete and buggy. There is no functionality on the ship. The price gives me no additional content or expansion.

You cannot use saucer separate and escort at the same time which is stupid, because Al did not want it to be like an MVAE. I agree with the fact that one should not be able to pick which one you are flying, do not stop one console because the other one is in use. I does not come with a flyable Odyssey escort or non-combat pet.

Overall, It just not worth the money they are asking and the price is not a micro transaction, but more of a macro transaction. People's money can be spent better else where.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 12
03-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
You cannot use saucer separate and escort at the same time which is stupid, because Al did not want it to be like an MVAE. I agree with the fact that one should not be able to pick which one you are flying, do not stop one console because the other one is in use. I does not come with a flyable Odyssey escort or non-combat pet.
But he had no problem essentially taking a unique ability of the Galaxy and throwing it on.

And to those that think dilithium is a free means to obtain things, you are wrong. Yes, you do not personally pay but someone else has to pay for those points weather it's direct CP purchases or gold subscriptions.

STO was doing fine under the subscription model, there was no need to go F2P. Cryptic decided to go with the F2P model and set C-Store prices outrageously high to gouge on Star Trek Fans. There IS a difference between making a profit and robbing your customers blind and Cryptic has choose the later.

In all honesty, I don't understand why they actually did a decent F2P hybrid in CO and yet completely botched the job on STO.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 13
03-17-2012, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
STO was doing fine under the subscription model ...
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

Wait, you are serious ...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ...

To start you have no means to make their claim, in fact Cryptic was brought by Atari that been losing money for years ... PWE brought then.

You people appear to live with the illusion Cryptic is still a Independent company, it ceased to be in 2008 when Atari brought then and as Atari likely was looking at the MMO money that never come (or did not come enough to pay out the continued losses) PWE have a different model that is not subscription based.

And I tell you this, I would NOT pay $15 month for this game ... lacks content to justify the cost and yes, I sunk money on C-Shop.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 14
03-17-2012, 03:12 PM
I won't be boycotting it, because my dilithium gains means i can spend money in the c store without being out of pocket.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 15
03-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
I won't be boycotting it, because my dilithium gains means i can spend money in the c store without being out of pocket.
Good luck with that. I see in the future that it will take a lot more dilithium to get 1 C-Store point if you have not already seen the increase in price on the dilithium/C-Store point exchange.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 16
03-17-2012, 03:46 PM
I don't have any issues on priceing per say yes I would like to see them lower the prices and have more sales on goods. However my biggest problem is the lack of goodies in the cstore imho it takes far to long to add content to the store then it should for a F2P game that intends staying alive by useing it.People want to buy stuff and price doesnt seem to be an issue but as far as having alot of variety they plug one or two items every month or so and that is something that needs to change imho
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 17
03-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
Good luck with that. I see in the future that it will take a lot more dilithium to get 1 C-Store point if you have not already seen the increase in price on the dilithium/C-Store point exchange.
I can look at my history and see when I started it was about 270, lowest I seen was 218 (that was after the D-Store opened) with raising it at the time the Lockboxes and the Yellowstone was released to about 240 and with the Flagships it raised to about 250.

You are saying the Dilithium Cryptic Point exchange rate is set by Cryptic when what I seen were fluctuations were C-Points dropped when there was more demand for Dilithium and raising when new C-Store items were released, well within expected market behavior, also of note the exchange so far does not seen to have reached as far when I started playing.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 18
03-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
Good luck with that. I see in the future that it will take a lot more dilithium to get 1 C-Store point if you have not already seen the increase in price on the dilithium/C-Store point exchange.
it fluctuates, so i just have to wait until it goes back down, and i'll be set.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 19
03-17-2012, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
Good luck with that. I see in the future that it will take a lot more dilithium to get 1 C-Store point if you have not already seen the increase in price on the dilithium/C-Store point exchange.
I saw it at 400 when it first opened and I've seen it down to close to 200. It's only going up right now because of the Odyssey. A few weeks from now and it'll be going back down again.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 20
03-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Pendora View Post
...
I understand that cryptic needs to cover the costs of f2p, and the game as a whole is very enjoyable, but i would think that if you slice the prices on a lot of ships that you would sell more of them. Lets just say that with current prices i think most ships arent worth paying that much for, lets just say that the MVAE would cost 15 euro, the retrofit defiant 12 or 13 euro and any ship thats BELOW Rear admiral rank should be less then 10 anyway, I think a lot more people would buy them based on those prices, urgo more money for cryptic.

I dont know, it is just hard to justify buying any ship from the store as it is now.
At the same time, you can spend more then this purchasing a good lunch.... Putting this in proper perspective, your talking about the equivalent of just one or two meals to purchase a STO ship from the C-Store...
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:41 AM.