Lt. Commander
# 21
03-17-2012, 06:33 PM
The Dreadnought was a $25 ship....NOOOOOOBODY was gonna buy it, including me....within a couple of weeks it was the ship of choice, and yes I bought one. I hardly ever use it now, BUT, I have it and it has purple/Blue mk XI everything, ready for action...NOOOOBODY will buy the new Fed/KDF bundles...uh huh...its the new "hotttness"...the sectors will be full of them in a couple of weeks...

If it is made...it will be bought...

The C-store prices go up and down, there are sales from time to time, try and buy stuff at the sales...IF...you can wait that long...
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-17-2012, 07:02 PM
im not buying any of this over priced crap.....sorry, these are NOT micro transactions, micro=small, if a person has to think before buying something, its not a micro transaction.

by forcing people to think long and hard before they buy, cryptic is loosing sales and word of mouth.

example, if ships where 1/2 the price they are now, I know at least 3 people who would own them all, and I would likely own over half of them...as well as other cstore items.....as it stands now, my friends have all said they will wait for either a price drop or just use that money to buy other games (like guild wars 2...where you dont get dollar and pounded to death...you cant call this being nickle and dimed sorry..)
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Prices now cause me to second guess or overthink a purchase instead of impulse buying.

Case in point just this week...

I nabbed the first Orion vessel, and as I looked at the next tier Orion vessel... I completely decided against the 1200 CPoint cost in favor of a Tier 5 VA ship, and will just get buy with the Gorn vessel I had nabbed before.

On Fed, I am even more picky about ships... and as much as I want the D'Kyr, I still have not nabbed it or might ever. Nor will I ever nab the Oddy or Bortas Pack... cuts into my Adventures game budget at that price point.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowkaiser
Prices now cause me to second guess or overthink a purchase instead of impulse buying.

Case in point just this week...

I nabbed the first Orion vessel, and as I looked at the next tier Orion vessel... I completely decided against the 1200 CPoint cost in favor of a Tier 5 VA ship, and will just get buy with the Gorn vessel I had nabbed before.

On Fed, I am even more picky about ships... and as much as I want the D'Kyr, I still have not nabbed it or might ever. Nor will I ever nab the Oddy or Bortas Pack... cuts into my Adventures game budget at that price point.
this really comes into play with the t5 ships, 25-50bucks.....that goes a long way on steam dosnt it?
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-17-2012, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenTech
i.....sorry, these are NOT micro transactions, micro=small, if a person has to think before buying something, its not a micro transaction.
Depends on who you ask, for me personally, $25 is a micro transaction.
It's all a matter of personal perception based on how an individual perceives what amount of money is large or small. No matter what the cost of something, there will always be a demographic that will cry and whine that it is too expensive.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henshin_Cyborg
To me, $25 is a couple indie games on Steam, several games from Gog.com, or couple Adventure titles from US Adventure Shop.

Or in non-Video game terms...

Couple of big bottles of ChiMay or other good Ale.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-17-2012, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henshin_Cyborg
It's all a matter of personal perception based on how an individual perceives what amount of money is large or small. No matter what the cost of something, there will always be a demographic that will cry and whine that it is to expensive.
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictiona...crotransaction

if you look up microtransaction or macropayment nowhere will you find $25 being considered micro....its macro(large)

you must be one rich sob......if $25 is micro, would you mind tossing me a few of those micro payments so i can get the oddy pack and a few other ships.....after all, 25-50-75 is a pittance
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-17-2012, 07:42 PM
Quote:

if you look up microtransaction or macropayment nowhere will you find $25 being considered micro....its macro(large)

you must be one rich sob......if $25 is micro, would you mind tossing me a few of those micro payments so i can get the oddy pack and a few other ships.....after all, 25-50-75 is a pittance
One could argue that whether someone is "rich" or not is also a matter of individual perception.
And no, I prefer to provide charity to those who actually deserve it.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
botched the job on STO.
greed......they probably think STO fans are enlarge trekies and have the money to burn paying 25-50....

clearly a few do, because I have seen a couple people say 25 and even 50bucks is a microtransaction......
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-17-2012, 08:01 PM
Quote:

LOL! naaah real rich snobs say $10000 dollars is micro
Closed Thread