Lt. Commander
# 1 Why im leaving
03-15-2012, 02:12 PM
perfect world. nuff said i have had nothing but trouble with them from the start. the final straw trying to buy zen points so i can git the new ships. i'm done i'm out and lol all you want at me the final fact is that pore to nonexistent support from PW cost cryptic a player and $50.00.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 02:18 PM
So you're quitting because you have to take an extra step when it comes to getting the same amount of cryptic points? Wow, that seems awfully petty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 02:37 PM
Being a Cryptic customer, I don't understand. Are you saying using a PWE account you can ONLY by cpoints with zen? You can't buy them directly? Or is it because it's not a 1 to 1 conversion?
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 02:43 PM
actually if you payed attention " i have had nothing but trouble with them from the start" and " that pore to nonexistent support from PW cost cryptic a player" comprehension is critical when reading. I wish Cryptic the best of luck but i don't have time to fool around with weak long waits from customer service from PW.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2012, 02:43 PM
I buy my Cryptic points though Steam. No issues, no extra steps. Job done. Until I found you could do it that way though I'd found dealing with PWE and the added cost of the C-points (in Eur 1000 Zen costs the same as 1000 C-points, but at a 100-80 conversion rate, making it far more expensive) I just decided to not use the C-store. Not enough to turn off a whole free game though.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkshadow9498
Being a Cryptic customer, I don't understand. Are you saying using a PWE account you can ONLY by cpoints with zen? You can't buy them directly? Or is it because it's not a 1 to 1 conversion?
If you link your account to PWE, or come over from PWE, you are required to buy Zen instead of CPs. You then convert the Zen to CPs: they convert dollar for dollar, not point for point. So buying 500 Zen costs $5.00 but converts to 400 CP, which is also $5.00.

The Zen purchase takes longer then the CP purchase does from Cryptic, though. Buying Zen can take an hour to get approved whereas buying CPs can take 30 seconds. I think this has to do with the fact that PWE has many games and a lot more players then STO does so they're a little more cautious about CC purchases.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Iím sorry to hear that you're unfortunately disappointed due to the reasons you've posted; however "I quit" threads are not allowed so I'm closing this thread now.

I hope you stick around for updates and return sometime in the future!

Cheers,

Alecto
Closed Thread