Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2012, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrorize89
When are we going to see this as a VA Science Flagship? :p
Probably never as a playable ship as the STO Devs had planned to give us the 1701-J (as seen in the 26th century in the Enterprise TV series); but CBS said "No". Reason: It's a ship from 100 or so years in STO's future and at the time the 1701-E's fate was unknown, etc - and it eventually lead to the "Design the Next Enterprise" contest - and the Odyssey Ckass cruiser we have in the C-Store today.

It looks like CBS doesn't want far future era ships in STO. That said, we could always see it in a future mission involving time travel, if the Devs are so inclined to make one.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-17-2012, 08:21 AM
I say make the Relativity variant playable with time travel missions, heavy on diplomacy, tactics and covert operations (obviously your interactions can't expose you are from the future), to correct timelines etc.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-17-2012, 06:59 PM
It would be cool to just see it in the background of a random mission. Just watching.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adml_shake View Post
It would be cool to just see it in the background of a random mission. Just watching.
Now THAT would be awsome!
Maybe like the cameo of the iconian obex. You can see it but it cloaks or flyes away when you get closer.
I'd love a Mission about the Temporal Integrity Commission would be really cool. I mean we already had some time travel in STO and they were mentioned at leas once before. Some day they just need to come for us.

Anyway, although I am a really big supporter of the Wells class ships, I don't think we'll get them in any time soon. Because it is true that we are still too far away from the 29th century where these ships and their very alien design originated. Maybe someday, when the new c-store ships have a design that goes more in that direktion, we might have a chance to see a Wells Class ship.

II just found this: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/File...ity_plaque.jpg

It states that the Relativity seen on Voyager was the seventh ship with that name. The registry number is not NCC but NCV-474439 - G. So if the shipdesign would make any progress to a design like that we might be able to see Ships of that class someday.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-24-2012, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You are getting a little ahead of time arent you? about 400 years?
dont get me wrong i love to have it to but i dont think starfleet would use the same ship for 400 years

so i have to agree whit this person

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/USS_Relativity