Lt. Commander
Given the recent focus on Bajor and DS9, it seems an ideal time to look for interest in setting up a Bajoran RP Fleet. What follows is a proposal - I'm looking for at least four other interested players to set up the Fleet, and any input from RPers on STO.

Ideally, I'm looking to establish a small coterie of Bajoran players who want to explore and develop RP arcs with one another. The Fleet would be structured around Bajoran culture, with ranks supporting both the militia and the Bajoran Faith (see below for the proposal). There will be a definite emphasis on facilitating character development, and setting up believable and engaging plots.

Want to explore the cult of the Pah-Wraiths? Feel like dipping into the Ohalu Prophecies? Perhaps you don't believe all that Prophet-Nonsense, and just want Bajor's prosperity to increase? Tired of the Federation, or a passionate believer that it's the future?

If you're Bajoran, or have a character based in Bajor, then this might be the Fleet you've been looking for.
  • Fleet management will be democratic, and entirely separate from in-character rank. A lot of RPers don't want to necessarily play high-ranking characters. Likewise, this gives everyone the freedom to enjoy challenging plots that might involve demotion, or exile, without feeling that there is a corresponding loss of real-life influence in the community.
  • Codes of conduct are best agreed by the community as a whole, so they reflect shared values.
  • Forced events, forced forum posting, and forced voice-chat can very quickly become a chore. This is especially true of RP. Quality RP comes out of people's enjoyment and dedication to their characters and the community. You can't manufacture that with a monthly forum post.

What follows is the proposed Fleet. The name, the ranking system and the description are all open to suggestions and any further suggestions from RPers would be welcome:

---

"The Council of Bajor is a Roleplaying and Social Fleet primarily for Bajorans and those who want to explore the cultural and religious aspects of Bajoran life. Non-Bajorans are welcome, but should be willing to respect the focus of the Fleet.

Members have the option to hold RP ranks in the Bajoran Militia, and the Bajoran Faith, as well as looking at the challenges of being in Starfleet. These are organised in-character:

On the Bajoran Faith-
  • Novitiate/Acolyte
  • Prylar
  • Ranjen
  • Vedek - Will be subject to election in-game by fellow Bajorans

On the Militia-
  • Militiaman
  • Sergeant
  • Captain

All members democratically elect the Fleet leadership team (who may be of any RP rank), who manage daily organisation. There are regular events on DS9 and Bajor, but members are encouraged to work together to develop their characters and explore story arcs together."

---

Let me know what you think. either here or in-game (Orrin@orrinkaas).
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Tentatively interested. As you can see from my avatar (Vedek on a Galor), My main is a Bajoran. Though I am in a fleet, but its not all that active.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-08-2012, 11:50 AM
If I may, I would like you to join my restart fleet the United Britannian Fleet. and have a whole sector of bajorans in that squdron. We should talk on teamspeak. I would like the both of you, for you can see my ideas
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Merlin - thank you for your kind offer, but what I'm really trying to set up is something particularly devoted to Bajoran culture, rather than just a Bajoran wing in Starfleet. There are already some excellent RP Fleets where people can do this (and I'm sure when it's restarted yours will be one of them), but I'm really looking to make the Bajoran equivalent of Fleets like the Vulcan Kolinahr or the Romulan IRF.

Kommando - I'm going to see if I can find four people who are willing to set up the Fleet in-game, as it will be easier to gather support when we're on the Fleet listing in STO. If you're still interested, and you're happy to leave your present fleet, it would be great to have you onboard. But regardless, if you're interested, we should meet up for some RP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2012, 02:12 PM
well i have to try and good luck to you my friend
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2012, 02:58 PM
Same to you. Maybe we'll meet on DS9 someday.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2012, 04:19 PM
that will indeed have to happend
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-09-2012, 01:05 PM
Bumping for great justice.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2012, 06:31 AM
check out the Gardasien Jevonite Order thread....You you find what you are looking for...
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Bajorans???!!!!!! in Galors???? Blasphemy!!!!

(politically correct begins now)

Welcome to the forums and hope all goes well (into a black hole...jk)