Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
As a causual PVP player and reasonably new player I have done what I can to get my ship upto speed.

I was enjoying the fact that I could hold my own with most PVP players with exception maybe of the long time PVP'ers.

that ws Untill the RElease of teh Plus 1 oddy....

now more then ever before it seems if you are not in one you are the target always..

If you pug a pvp match.. you will not get heals from anyone so you will go down very fast.. if you go in with a few of ya mates there only so much you can take before you are dead and feel like you have let the team down..

I bought the plus 1 bundle thinking that finally a tactical cruiser that a tactical officer can use .. Well that might be the case if I wonted to respec my toon every time I use it..

its a shame that it turned out to be such a fail ship for me.. it may suit some but not me.. now if the worker bees could be use on my c-store defiant.. there could be a use for it as for now it will be just in my ship locker forever..

couple that with the FAW 100% never miss issue now that we can miss well it spells get the oddy sorted and use it in pvp or get used to dying all the time very very fast..

Shame Cryptic/Perfect world Shame.....
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Targ35
As a causual PVP player and reasonably new player I have done what I can to get my ship upto speed.

I was enjoying the fact that I could hold my own with most PVP players with exception maybe of the long time PVP'ers.

that ws Untill the RElease of teh Plus 1 oddy....

now more then ever before it seems if you are not in one you are the target always..
Well, to be honest, if I see one of these ships, its quite the opposite...I have a tendency to shoot at you first
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2012, 03:27 AM
I fought tac oddysey with my tac excelsior yesterday in Karrat. I never saw that player before. I had really hard time to kill him. Jugging from a long time experience of weird builds, I must say +1 tac Oddy, if used right can be viable.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2012, 06:39 AM
When the Defiant-R came out everyone made out like it was a joke ship flown by a bunch of joke players. Every new ship takes a bit of time to get a real handle on. I know I have an especially hard time swapping from on ship to another just because of different play styles and tool bars.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2012, 06:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
When the Defiant-R came out everyone made out like it was a joke ship flown by a bunch of joke players. Every new ship takes a bit of time to get a real handle on. I know I have an especially hard time swapping from on ship to another just because of different play styles and tool bars.
My friend Jester has one.

>.>
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2012, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanTom View Post
I fought tac oddysey with my tac excelsior yesterday in Karrat. I never saw that player before. I had really hard time to kill him. Jugging from a long time experience of weird builds, I must say +1 tac Oddy, if used right can be viable.
How much do you want to bet that random scrub that would otherwise be space debris in a matter of seconds will use you as an example of how the Odyssey is fairly balanced?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2012, 06:52 AM
The Oddy is fine, I'm just really very good... all of the sudden...

Wakka wakka wakka!

*Decloaks, throws a pie at Thissler, and burns evasives to get away*
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2012, 07:00 AM
I'm still not sold on it, I miss my excelsior when my saucer sep is on cooldown
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldo-Raine
I'm still not sold on it, I miss my excelsior when my saucer sep is on cooldown
i haven't bought one yet, haven't really played any sto lately. how does the saucer sep work when you leave arenas? do the ship stay separated etc?
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2012, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumappp
i haven't bought one yet, haven't really played any sto lately. how does the saucer sep work when you leave arenas? do the ship stay separated etc?
Yeah it stays off, but like to MVAM if you die its back on. I think the cool down is 5 minutes. Also if you zone, your saucer doesn't come with you (lulz)