Lt. Commander
# 11
03-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Like everyone else is saying, congrats on winning

As for finding him, personally I am probably just as stubborn as you, I would have gone, made some food, turned on a movie, and just wait for him to either come at me, quit, or afk out.
Well as nice as it is to rearrange someones ridges to the word LOSER, that is not the point of the thread. the point is people are misusing the cloaking device to just dissapear before the last kill, and i really hope that maybe, it will some day be possible to instigate a game timer. i was patient enough to wait 30 minutes without a shield generator on, and he did not show himself. cloaking to get an enemy when he does not expect it is an awesome ability, but losing, cloaking and reading a book until your opponent leaves to do an STF is just rude.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-16-2012, 01:04 AM
the antiproton sweep bonus skill on the jem'hadar set states:

Set 3: Antiproton Sweep

Affects Foe (5 max)
6 kilometer Range; 90 degree Cone
0.5 sec activate
2 min recharge
-834 Shields on up to 5 enemies
Disables cloaking systems for 10 sec
Skills that affect this ability:
Starship Particle Generator

http://www.stowiki.org/Jem'Hadar_Space_Set

So you could try swapping sets if someone does this at the end to prevent you finishing. Alternatively the Exeter Cruiser Refit comes equipped with a [Console - Universal - Ionized Gas Sensor] that provides a bonus to Starship Sensors and can modify a torpedo to track down and target a cloaked ship. The Ionized Gas Sensor can be equipped in any console slot of any Cruiser. (that of course is a c-store option where the JH set is a free option other than spending the time running the episodes)
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-16-2012, 01:07 AM
You should have just left...

Thoose kind of people are very small, so I wouldn even have bothered in the first place.

Forget him...
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-16-2012, 01:10 AM
Honestly if it's a private match, and the guy is that butt hurt over how badly he lost, I'd simply get a chukle and warp out. Who cares if he shouts to the roofless ceiling of Ker'rat or what ever zone he goes back to in order to feel proud.

Now if it were a team match 5v5.. I'd wait till the servers went down, or I feel asleep my self.. which ever came first, :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
Honestly if it's a private match, and the guy is that butt hurt over how badly he lost, I'd simply get a chukle and warp out. Who cares if he shouts to the roofless ceiling of Ker'rat or what ever zone he goes back to in order to feel proud.

Now if it were a team match 5v5.. I'd wait till the servers went down, or I feel asleep my self.. which ever came first, :p
Really nothing you can do with sore losers. we had a whole premade leave on us last night just because we were winning 13-0. Some people shouldnt pvp if they cant take a beatin every once in a while. happens to everybody, its only a game just respawn and move on.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-16-2012, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsimon22 View Post
Really nothing you can do with sore losers. we had a whole premade leave on us last night just because we were winning 13-0. Some people shouldnt pvp if they cant take a beatin every once in a while. happens to everybody, its only a game just respawn and move on.
If it was 13-0, maybe they just gave up because they were going to lose anyways?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-16-2012, 02:53 PM
Well at least he didn't start the match hiding in cloak, never coming out the fight like we've seen some do before...
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shook-Yang
If it was 13-0, maybe they just gave up because they were going to lose anyways?
Yea but you dont leave with only 2 kills left. I never saw that fleet in a match before so its was likely a Pve fleet but you stay and finish the game no matter how bad it going.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-17-2012, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxajax2 View Post
So this new Klingon player challenges me to a 1v1 with a score limit of 15 after insulting me, the match gets to 14 0 in my favour, and then he simply refuses to decloak, and flies to some godforsaken corner of the map. Personally i laugh at this kind of behaviour, but it would be an idea to introduce a feature to remedy this, such as a game timer, so we do not have to screen it, upload it to mediafire and then Fleetmail it to prove one has won.

How is one supposed to counter an enemy that does something like this?

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/9590/cloaker.png
what i would like to see is the match ends in a 1v1 when a player warps out. atm the game will not tell me.