Lt. Commander
# 1 Mounts and living!
03-15-2012, 05:47 PM
For more, se thread "ships to simple" or "suggestions for the game by a trekker"

Mounts: While itīs fun to run on planets or bajor, it does not seem so large scale as many players want. Each player can craft or purchace mounts such as planet based shuttles, cars and bikes, to move around the map faster and with more fun.

Maps: Increase the size of all the ground maps so you can do what Star Trek is all about. Explore while on your mount, mine minerals, datasamples, atmospheric readings or plantlife and gain knowledge and supplies.

Living: build out the map on earth to include a chunk of san fransisco or other towns. You use your mount to move from starfleet headquarter to the city. When there you can to buy food, work out in the gym to increase you fitness and become stronger. Buy your own appartment or house and decorade it as you want, from plants (maybe from a alien planet you visited and harvested) to furniture and kitchens/bathrooms. If you log out here you may gain some sort of rested time so that your charaters perform better when beeing called back to duty. Invite your friend and have a party or take some time to hug a partner while home. A bookshelf/computer can be used to learn new things that you can apply to the other parts of the game. Study Daboo and become better, or space anamolies to look up where to go next. Or just read a cookbook and become better at cooking and create foos that have special properties.
- Or rent your quarters or ESD or DS9 for a monthly fee (c-points, EC or GPL)
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 05:57 PM
the maps arent big enough yet to warrant mounts really...maybe if they were 4x bigger
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-15-2012, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
the maps arent big enough yet to warrant mounts really...maybe if they were 4x bigger
Read on. it says larger maps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-15-2012, 06:03 PM
I'd love it if they added the Nexus and we could go to Kirk's uncle's ranch and ride his horses.

But, as I recall, Cryptic has historically had one dev who was into mount tech and I'm not sure s/he's still there even.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'd love it if they added the Nexus and we could go to Kirk's uncle's ranch and ride his horses.

But, as I recall, Cryptic has historically had one dev who was into mount tech and I'm not sure s/he's still there even.
Too bad... It would be extremly nice cruising along in the car from Nemesis or other cool stuff like that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-15-2012, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmosCola
Mounts: While itīs fun to run on planets or bajor, it does not seem so large scale as many players want. Each player can craft or purchace mounts such as planet based shuttles, cars and bikes, to move around the map faster and with more fun.
This idea must be killed with fire.

Oh, and GB2WOW.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-15-2012, 06:25 PM
I don't see the point of mounts when there are transporters. But I love your living idea. You could also live on a space station.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil321 View Post
I don't see the point of mounts when there are transporters.
Yep, which leaves me wondering at times why I do so much running around... then again, I believe that comes down more to the punishing nature of some travel in attempting to slow down what is going on artificially.