Lt. Commander
# 21
09-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheeba View Post
the hirogen network stuff was in/near the alpha quadrant.. so its possible they have ships in/near the major powers space
The Network did come close enough to Romulan space for the doctor to get involved in a conflict with the Romulans.

However, I find it odd they the hunting species would form an alliance with the Romulans, perhaps its combined anger with the Federation that the Romulans are using to entice the Hirogen.

I think the Hirogen would be more in line with the Klingon's both have honor codes, the ways of warriors, while the honor code is different they might find a high level of respect for one another, much more so then the Klingons have in common with the Orion and Nausigan, and Gorn. Romulans are however very deceptive, they used the Klingon Empire quite well on a few occasions, so I can see them using the Hirogen.
Lt. Commander
# 22
09-09-2009, 06:51 PM
the hirogen is what I thought. maybe the hirogen were supposed to be taller but on the series they had to make do with humans and tall boots. there is only so much you can do to make people taller with out it looking funky. now with STO they can make the hirogen as tall as they want and not have it look so bad. graphics are much easier to modify than people.
Lt. Commander
# 23
09-09-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm really excited for the Hirogen! They were one of my favorite species from Voyager... the Killing Game is one of my favorite episodes ever!
Lt. Commander
# 24
09-09-2009, 07:30 PM
YAY Hirogen... This is exiting. Their network of relay thingies went right to the edge of Federation Space so I'm not shocked they are turning up.

YAY for Sela too... I always liked her.

In fact.... YAY for the Romulans who I would gladly give up Starfleet for
Lt. Commander
# 25
This is very interesting. Its a good sign to see them pulling in materials from Voyager and the Delta Quandrant. The more Trek gets pulled in the better. I always liked the Herogens as villians, and this will make for some interesting story development. Looking forward to seeing more.
Lt. Commander
# 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelorKiith View Post
Hirogen finally arrived at the edges of the Beta Quadrant? Sounds... dangerous...
Edges? The RSE isn't that massive... so, they'd be more like at the edges of the Alpha quadrant....

I know they had that ancient communication array, (and honestly, did ancient Hirogen build it, or simply take it over (ancient or modern Hirogen, for that matter)), but commo =/= travel, (can talk to someone in China in less than 30 seconds after the whim takes me- still takes the better part of the day just for travel there, (not counting actually scheduling it).

So, okay Cryptic, WTF...? Need some explanation on this one, (a rare miss, granted, but...)
Lt. Commander
# 27
09-09-2009, 07:40 PM
If I HAD to guess....

The Hirogen are a scattered people. They send ships throughout the quadrant and probably the galaxy. The communication array was the only thing that kept them linked. It's very likely that once the network was permanently destroyed, different "factions" formed. So you see black armored Hirogen who hunted hear the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. They could also be taller/leaner then their Delta Quadrant cousins. The distance of 30,000 lightyears tends to change a species. Hell, just look at the difference between a native Chinese and a Native Englishman. And that's only a few thousand miles.
Lt. Commander
# 28
09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordDave View Post
If I HAD to guess....

The Hirogen are a scattered people. They send ships throughout the quadrant and probably the galaxy. The communication array was the only thing that kept them linked. It's very likely that once the network was permanently destroyed, different "factions" formed. So you see black armored Hirogen who hunted hear the Alpha and Beta Quadrants. They could also be taller/leaner then their Delta Quadrant cousins. The distance of 30,000 lightyears tends to change a species. Hell, just look at the difference between a native Chinese and a Native Englishman. And that's only a few thousand miles.
Must I model naked with a Chinese person to compare the difference between us. I am highly qualified for this being a Native Englishman.
Lt. Commander
# 29
09-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelorKiith View Post
Hirogen finally arrived at the edges of the Beta Quadrant? Sounds... dangerous...
actually if u look at the starfleet star charts ... the hirogen control space in the delta, beta and alpha quadrants ...its just really close to the galactic core ...so while it seems incredibly large, in reality its a smaller area than the federation.
Lt. Commander
# 30
09-09-2009, 07:53 PM
The Hirogen? Sweet, never saw this coming. Iam wondering what their intensions are, and especially Sela's.