Lt. Commander
# 31
09-09-2009, 08:22 PM
Cool stuff. Looks like Sela is making ties to come to power again, but at what cost?
Lt. Commander
# 32
09-09-2009, 08:27 PM
It looks to me like the Hirogen will be a 3rd party not allied with the Romulans. Sela was permanently booted from the Romulan Empire in 2386, hence the reason she settled on this small planet out away from Romulus. Think of it as the Orion Syndicate. Another group meddling in Major Groups affairs.
Lt. Commander
# 33
09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
I wonder what the story behind the black armor is.

I also wonder if Sela intends to share any technology with them. If she's that intent on taking the Empire, who knows how far she would go.
Lt. Commander
# 34
09-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Wow this is a doozy... I cant believe some people are disappointed....

As I said in another thread, it seems Janeway's and Seven's sins are catching up with them.
Lt. Commander
# 35
09-09-2009, 08:44 PM
i know its nearly obvious that its the Hirogen but what about the Hur'q??? it could be them. they could of come back. they would naturally side with the rommies because they are an old enemy of the klingons with no real back story. we also never really seen them, herd them or anything. they are tied in to star trek but have no history, are from the gamma quadrant, (close to rommie space) and "hunted" the klingons early on.
Lt. Commander
# 36 Doubt it.
09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus-the-Technomage View Post
i know its nearly obvious that its the Hirogen but what about the Hur'q??? it could be them. they could of come back. they would naturally side with the rommies because they are an old enemy of the klingons with no real back story. we also never really seen them, herd them or anything. they are tied in to star trek but have no history, are from the gamma quadrant, (close to rommie space) and "hunted" the klingons early on.
Well I just looked up the Hirogen http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirogen , and they seem to fit the description of the new allies perfectly.....

I also looked up the Hur'q http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Hur%27q , and while they could possibly be the allies, the behavior does not seem to match much at all, especially the hunter mentality, where as the Hur'q are described more like Hun's ransacking civilizations and destroying everything in their wake
Lt. Commander
# 37
09-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Now that I think about it, there were those hunters on DS9. But then, they hunted for sport. As long as the "prey" kept them entertained and didn't get caught, the hunt would keep on going.

Aside from that I don't remember enough to describe them.
Lt. Commander
# 38
09-09-2009, 09:12 PM
ooOOOooo interesting! I like this, I was hoping to see the Hirogen in STO.

I don't understand why people think this isn't plausible. A quick look at the star charts show that they inhabit the center of the galaxy, and come right up to Federation explored space, had they explored just a month further they would have found them. If you look at the path of the enterprise, it reaches far deeper into space than the separation of Hirogen and Federation space, just the wrong direction.

http://www.ucip.org/science/newmaps/quadrants.jpg

Its not that far of a stretch to go from there to Romulan space.

I wonder why the Federation didn't send ships to explore the center of the galaxy?

I'm interested to see what has happened to them since their communication array was destroyed. Voyager left a path of angry aliens in its wake, and some of them may want some pay back!

very interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 39
09-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarreous
Now that I think about it, there were those hunters on DS9. But then, they hunted for sport. As long as the "prey" kept them entertained and didn't get caught, the hunt would keep on going.

Aside from that I don't remember enough to describe them.
I am Tog!!!
Lt. Commander
# 40
09-09-2009, 09:26 PM
Quote:
“No hunter ever goes without his weapons at the request of prey.”
Definitely Hirogen. Sela teaming up with them is an interesting move.

I skimmed over a few of the other comments, and a few people asked how the Hirogen could've gotten to the Beta Quadrant. Well, I see two ways of this happening, but this one I see as the more likely one.
Quote:
The artificial quantum singularities we were able to track seem to have been left by a species we’ve never encountered before.
An artificial quantum singularity is basically a fancy-pants term for wormhole. I think you can connect the rest of those dots yourselves,