Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Captain's Log, Stardate -310793.99...

The crew of NX-636366 has confronted "the 2800" and their "second wave." Accomplishing tasks set before me by the Cardassian, Deferi, and Federation envoys I find it most perplexing that our "conference conflicts" readily ended in near absolute failure. When "diplomacy" was required most, no option for using it presented itself in any case. It was as if "diplomacy" was never more than a grey, non-interactive text field.

- Captain, NX-636366
Lt. Commander
# 2 Captain's log supplemental
03-17-2012, 01:55 AM
Captain's Log, Stardate -310792.55..., Supplemental,

Returning to holodeck, I once more pursued the "Second Wave" of "The 2800", and once more the crew of NX-636366 was victorious in all but one regard.

"Diplomacy" and "Mission Accomplished" were, forever more, grey and useless tiles of text. How can I convince our galactic neighbors to unite, and unlike an accolade, if the choices are beyond my grasp.

- End Log
- Captain, NX-636366
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2012, 05:42 AM
One run I got greyed options on the diplomatic dialogs as well. This is the most bugged FE in the series. Luckily when I did the last one to get the gear 10 times it went smoothly with no bugs. Must have done Second Wave about 8 times with 3 or 4 fails or restarts from the conference room.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2012, 07:07 AM
you can help yourself in "ungreying" these options by already having a decent level of Diplomacy, and also making sure you complete all the optional side quests (meet and greet and help out the ambassadors - get the kanar, sort out the holosuite booking, fix shon's ship/spy for stass). I do not think this is a bug, I think it is working as intended.
Ensign
# 5
04-03-2013, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archived Post View Post
you can help yourself in "ungreying" these options by already having a decent level of Diplomacy, and also making sure you complete all the optional side quests (meet and greet and help out the ambassadors - get the kanar, sort out the holosuite booking, fix shon's ship/spy for stass). I do not think this is a bug, I think it is working as intended.
But i did all of the optional quests, but the options are still greyed out and not selectable...
Career Officer
# 6
04-03-2013, 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpandarenx007 View Post
But i did all of the optional quests, but the options are still greyed out and not selectable...
First, you necroed the thread. Second, you need to have at least rank 3 in Diplomacy before all of the Diplomacy options are available. Trust me, I've done those missions before getting rank 3 Diplomacy and not all options were available. After getting rank 3 I was able to choose all Diplomacy options.