Captain
# 1 Terradome in PvE or STF
09-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Currently Terradome is a mission where you need to assemble a team prior to starting it.
Unless you have a fleet in the same timezone or a bunch of friends online at the same time it is very hard to get a team together.

Shouldn't Terradome for team creation and difficulty best be placed in PvE or STF?
Captain
# 2
09-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Yes it should, but it isn't for several reasons:

1. It's long. Very, very long. STF's take 15-20 minutes. Terradome is an 1 and a 1/2 - 2 hours at minimum.

2. It's hard. Ridiculously so. I have made builds specificity for Terradome and still failed.

3. The rewards kind of suck. Seriously. Mk X armour is all you get.

Until they change these things, it's not going in the public Queue.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 3
09-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
Yes it should, but it isn't for several reasons:

1. It's long. Very, very long. STF's take 15-20 minutes. Terradome is an 1 and a 1/2 - 2 hours at minimum.

2. It's hard. Ridiculously so. I have made builds specificity for Terradome and still failed.

3. The rewards kind of suck. Seriously. Mk X armour is all you get.

Until they change these things, it's not going in the public Queue.

Well you guys still need to get better at ground

With my fleetmates we complete it in about 1 hour 15 min.

And yes its hard, but not impossible.

The rewards sucks but i just enjoy the challenge
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Captain
# 4
09-06-2012, 01:03 AM
Not denying it's hard and that the rewards are not good.

It's about getting a team together. The STF ground missions are pretty long as well so the duration should not be an issue. Spicing up the rewards with e.g. fleetmarks would do wonders.
Rihannsu
# 5
09-06-2012, 02:37 AM
Terradome is easy, I never seen it's failed and I doubt its possible to fail, just respawn and try again. It's one of my favorite things in this game. Can't find any team last time tho. :/
Captain
# 6
09-06-2012, 02:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taut0u View Post
Terradome is easy, I never seen it's failed and I doubt its possible to fail, just respawn and try again. It's one of my favorite things in this game. Can't find any team last time tho. :/
Are we talking about the same mission?
Rihannsu
# 7
09-06-2012, 03:27 AM
Of course, it's terradome va. People call many things hard in this game, while they are not. It gets fixed with gear and skills. People, who I played with, were saying things like: "Oh, we have to defend engie's, we will fail!", "Underlevel will be insane!". Nope, it's not. There are same stories about regular ESTF, as you may know, which can be done in 20min. I dunno why this mission is such infamous, because at the end of game these people understood too, that it's not that hard. It's long, but not boring.

Last edited by taut0u; 09-06-2012 at 03:33 AM.
Career Officer
# 8
09-06-2012, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Terradome is easy, I never seen it's failed and I doubt its possible to fail, /
Really, are you serious?

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Captain
# 9
09-06-2012, 04:45 AM
Quote:
Of course, it's terradome va. People call many things hard in this game, while they are not. It gets fixed with gear and skills. People, who I played with, were saying things like: "Oh, we have to defend engie's, we will fail!", "Underlevel will be insane!". Nope, it's not. There are same stories about regular ESTF, as you may know, which can be done in 20min. I dunno why this mission is such infamous, because at the end of game these people understood too, that it's not that hard. It's long, but not boring.
You need a team with high dps both in space and ground. Knowing the triggers helps, but calling the mission easy?
Rihannsu
# 10
09-06-2012, 05:02 AM
yeah really....last time I did the mission we gave up on the protecting engineers part due to the fact that the undine were squashing us like bugs and even working as a team we'd get utterly annihilated by GROUPS of captain and admiral-level undine.

And no I do NOT suck at ground combat.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.