Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
Hey guys, I was hoping someone could take the time to confirm if the leadership trait was working on Human BOFFs or not, and then if it is to explain to me why "efficient" is considered a more desirable trait. I'm genuinely confused because It seems to me that efficient provides an extremely marginal power gain, but "leadership" provides a significant increase in hull regeneration (esp if it stacks. does it?), which could be extremely useful to ships with low crew complements.

Thanks in advance,

Mister Smith
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2012, 07:56 PM
I'd like to know to as stacking humans on the bridge should help the ship repair greatly, but it doesn't show in the stats. I play a human captain too, I wonder if I have a broken stat.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Even more confusing is that Leadership is listed as a "Ground" trait and it boosts "Hull Repair". Totally different topic from dermal regeneration which is a useful first aid skill on ground.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-30-2012, 06:08 AM
The reason leadership isn't a very desirable trait is that it only buffs passive hull regeneration, which is only good in PvE and out of combat. It's nice to have on low level characters with no hull regen skills but really not worth very much later on.

Hope that answers your question.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-30-2012, 01:33 PM
No. And kinda.

Leadership on Boff is broken. They've tried fixing it a few times, but still actually haven't.

If it was working as they intended however, the +20% hull repair speed would only apply once, with the other stats stacking as they should.

Efficient, depending on your power levels may be a better choice , but getting efficient officers anymore is a bit of an undertaking.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-31-2012, 06:26 PM
They should take a look at leadership so humans aren't underpowered next to aliens that have picked all the good traits for their pool. Humans have to have leadership. I'm not rerolling, that's not a valid answer. And yes, they do have to look at leadership for higher levels of captains.
Lt. Commander
# 7
04-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWackyWombat View Post
The reason leadership isn't a very desirable trait is that it only buffs passive hull regeneration, which is only good in PvE and out of combat. It's nice to have on low level characters with no hull regen skills but really not worth very much later on.

Hope that answers your question.
If any of this is true, then Leadership has to be fixed or tweaked to be useful at max levels. Humans have to have it. I would say have it speed up the regeneration of everything out of combat that requires repairs or heals, ground and space, all shields, health/hull, crew recovery - like the biofunction monitor.