Lt. Commander
# 1 What's this stuff for?
03-17-2012, 10:53 AM
G'Day. I have "assimilated" a few items that I'm not sure what to do with. Hoping someone can give me a heads up on these things.

1. Nano energy cells (3 of them) that appear to be useful to a Jem Hadar (which I'm not)

2. Ketracil White, also useful to Jem Hadar (which I'm still not)

3. An upgraded power cell I picked up somewhere some time back that doesn't appear to have any use. I can't equip anywhere, can't "use" it. When I right click on it the only option is "info" and the info simply says it's an old power cell that has been upgraded that might be of interest to a researcher somewhere. I can't even sell the blasted thing.

Any helpful info would be.... well... helpful
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2012, 11:26 AM
You can however acquire a Jem'Hadar bridge officer in the current FE which uses the white in ground missions to boost performance.

I think the nano power cells are for Jem'Hadar weapons which you also get from the FE for extra debuffs.

As for the other... maybe for a DOFF assignment there are a few items that are purely for doff assignments.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2012, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by missalbion
You can however acquire a Jem'Hadar bridge officer in the current FE which uses the white in ground missions to boost performance.

I think the nano power cells are for Jem'Hadar weapons which you also get from the FE for extra debuffs.

As for the other... maybe for a DOFF assignment there are a few items that are purely for doff assignments.
KEWL! Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2012, 01:20 PM
What's the exact item name of number 3? I've got a few ideas what it could be, but I'm kind of interested since none of them completely fit what you posted.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2012, 03:53 PM
The Nanocells affect the Je'Hadar Rifle with an extra effect for 10 minutes depending on which nanocell you actived. The Nanocells + Blue Jem'Hadar Rifle turn the Rifle into Purple Weapon with a selectable extra attribute.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2012, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomax6996

2. Ketracil White, also useful to Jem Hadar (which I'm still not)
Is also good for breeding the Gamma Quadrant tribble

+5% damage to dominion
+5% to Stealth and Perception

Buff lasts 60 minutes each "stroke" of the tribble
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-17-2012, 05:15 PM
The last item is from the crafting tutorial missions that you apparently never completed the rest of after doing the step to upgrade the power cell you were given.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-17-2012, 09:21 PM
I have an inventory item called 'Prototype Torpedo Plans' that I got from a Duty Officer mission a while back, and I have yet to figure out what it does. I've never seen another one, and it doesn't appear to be a schematic. I've just dumped it in my Bank in the hopes that some day I will figure out what the darned thing is for! XD
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-17-2012, 10:24 PM
I believe you use those for certain Duty Officer missions. I'm not sure where they would come up, but I'm pretty sure that they'd be used for those particular missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOSLover
I believe you use those for certain Duty Officer missions. I'm not sure where they would come up, but I'm pretty sure that they'd be used for those particular missions.
corect, there is an engineering shipboard doff mission that uses these plans to create turret devices that you can use.