Lt. Commander
# 1 MACO warp bubble?
03-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Are there any way to turn off the MACO warp bubble/ripple effect in sector space at high warp?

It looks like lizard skin and I don't like it much
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2012, 01:47 PM
You can turn off the visuals by right clicking the parts and clicking disable visuals. Of course, any other visuals you get from the set that you like wont be visible either, but you wouldn't have that lizard skin (I actually like it).
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-17-2012, 01:50 PM
The answer is no.

Turning off the engine visuals will put your impulse trail back to normal, but it won't remove the ripple effect while at top speed in sector space. So, basically, the maximum speed you can achieve without triggering it is around warp 7.

If you want to completely get rid of it, you need to pick another engine. I did (it got old quick, despite the investment), for exactly that reason, and I went to the Borg-set engine instead.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
The answer is no.

If you want to completely get rid of it, you need to pick another engine. I did (it got old quick, despite the investment), for exactly that reason, and I went to the Borg-set engine instead.
Thanks for reply... Thats too bad. I like the MACO set itself, I just HATE that visual effect.
I wonder if OMEGA has the same visual effect?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StonesDelta
Thanks for reply... Thats too bad. I like the MACO set itself, I just HATE that visual effect.
I wonder if OMEGA has the same visual effect?
I guess not, since it has no asynchronous warp field. Instead it is linited to warp 10 but the slipstream cooldown is halved.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
The answer is no.

Turning off the engine visuals will put your impulse trail back to normal, but it won't remove the ripple effect while at top speed in sector space. So, basically, the maximum speed you can achieve without triggering it is around warp 7.

This is correct. The effect is tied to the "power" when the extra warp speed is triggered. And the exact value where it triggers is Warp 7.75.