Lt. Commander
# 21
03-21-2012, 02:28 PM
I think it would be better to refit or replace the peregrine fighter first.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Klingon carriers aren't truly a carrier
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-21-2012, 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermbot View Post
The Devs have never said this. But if you rush off to find a quote of the devs saying the promise-free "We have no intention of adding a Fed-Carrier at this time." from a year ago, I can point out what that did, and did not, mean a year ago. Thus, with a better understanding of the situation, you can avoid giving wrong information in the future.

To the OP; no time soon, if ever. One of the developers talked about working on a Caitian Carrier as something he'd like to do, but if I recall that's the same developer who just left the company. If I had to guess, I'd say within 18 months, but that's just a guess.
You like to be on the abusive side of any discussion don't you?

Stormshade said it as recently as 3 months ago, no plans, no desire, and no work done towards a federation carrier, It's not happening any time in the forseeable future.

Also, your misrepresentation of the facts is commendable. Gekko said he WANTS to make a caitian carrier, not that its in the works, not that he's been told to make one. No, he said he wants to. And what gekko wants means nothing, because he's the underling, and not in charge of that decision. When Dan comes on here saying there will be carriers, you can spout off all you like, but gekko gets no say, and really he's not the communitee rep, so what he says means very little anyway.

Now go find me a post from Dan, or Stormshade, or Brandon, or the guy who makes the ships (Logan's replacement) saying there will be, then you can claim your right, but until then, your not. Your patently wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-21-2012, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria
You like to be on the abusive side of any discussion don't you?

Stormshade said it as recently as 3 months ago, no plans, no desire, and no work done towards a federation carrier, It's not happening any time in the forseeable future.

Also, your misrepresentation of the facts is commendable. Gekko said he WANTS to make a caitian carrier, not that its in the works, not that he's been told to make one. No, he said he wants to. And what gekko wants means nothing, because he's the underling, and not in charge of that decision. When Dan comes on here saying there will be carriers, you can spout off all you like, but gekko gets no say, and really he's not the communitee rep, so what he says means very little anyway.

Now go find me a post from Dan, or Stormshade, or Brandon, or the guy who makes the ships (Logan's replacement) saying there will be, then you can claim your right, but until then, your not. Your patently wrong.
Regardless, hey developers give us a Federation carrier or start allowing the cruisers such as the Odssey the capability to carry perrigrines and scorpions to compliment the acquaris & tactical oddsey.

Just allow us to have it!
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-22-2012, 01:14 AM
just do the vault and get the scorpians 50 charges redo if you want to feel like a carrier.
Lt. Commander
# 26
04-01-2012, 08:23 AM
Honestly i dont think the Feds want a carrier till Craptic can get the pet AI to work properly.....the new "fix" is crap and the pets dont follow orders very well.
Lt. Commander
# 27
04-02-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't know about big carriers Vo'Quv style, but I think the Shelley class would make a nice flight deck cruiser!
As far as I can see it, the Federation has had fighters (Peregrines) since the dominion war, it'd be highly suspect of them not to realize that a dedicated mothership for a large number of them would make a lot more sense than trying to cram 2-3 of them into the shuttle bay of every ship bigger than a Miranda in the fleet!
Lt. Commander
# 28
04-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adondria

You've got it all backwards. Geko is Al Rivera, the lead designer. It's Stormshade and BranFlakes that are community-side guys with no direct hand in the dev work.
Lt. Commander
# 29
04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Why do the Fed's need a carrier again? Can't the Fed's have an advantage over the Klink's and the Klinks have an advantage over the Feds? You know different combat strategies? I'd love to see a Fed' cruiser design that could actually take serious advantage of multiple torpedo launchers.
Lt. Commander
# 30
04-03-2012, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoKnight View Post
You've got it all backwards. Geko is Al Rivera, the lead designer. It's Stormshade and BranFlakes that are community-side guys with no direct hand in the dev work.
BranFlakes created the new FE ship set, the changling fight from "of Bajor" ect ect. I would say he does have a hand in "Dev Work" even if its not done well