Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions
Login

Lt. Commander
Just thought I'd put that out there as a counter to all the negative c-store posts.

At least one player has made quite a few c-store purchases, enjoys them and will buy more in the future. As a F2P player I appreciate that the c-store helps to subsidize the F2P and as a person with very limited play time I don't mind shelling out dollars instead of grinding dilithium.

So...I think I negate at least one "I'm quitting/boycotting" post.

Thanks Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-17-2012, 04:47 PM
No, no, no! People can't enjoy things some others dislike! It's inhuman!

I usually dump $15-$25.00 a month in the C-Store. I'm a Lifer but my LTS broken "even" 7 months ago so I have no qualms throwing some extra cash Cryptic's way. Of course I just exchanged 5,300 CPs worth of Dilithium so I guess I'm set for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2012, 08:54 AM
Exactly, as I've posted before, this is a business not a charity. I support the C-Store, more money for them equals more money to pay people to work which means more content for us. Having disposable income allows me to support STO. People who can't afford it just complain, and it's irritating.

Supply and demand. Not demand and supply.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2012, 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockMax View Post
Exactly, as I've posted before, this is a business not a charity. I support the C-Store, more money for them equals more money to pay people to work which means more content for us. Having disposable income allows me to support STO. People who can't afford it just complain, and it's irritating.

Supply and demand. Not demand and supply.
People are not asking for charity. People are asking for more reasonable prices to so they can support Cryptic. F2P should be more about micro transactions not price gouging. I'm sure if the ships were $10 a piece there would be more people to buy them.

I think there is a misunderstanding about why people are complaining about the C-Store. I am a lifer and I do have most of the ships, but I feel the C-Store prices are ridiculously high. Prices where suppose to go down for F2P, but they were raised instead. Prices should not be higher than a monthly subscription, unless it is an expansion pack.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2012, 09:19 AM
I agree with the OP. I will probably be spilling a bit in soon, actually.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2012, 10:48 AM
Thread negation fail ^_^
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2012, 12:09 PM
+1 Op
Love the C-store, love spending in the C-store.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2012, 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
People are not asking for charity. People are asking for more reasonable prices to so they can support Cryptic. F2P should be more about micro transactions not price gouging. I'm sure if the ships were $10 a piece there would be more people to buy them.

I think there is a misunderstanding about why people are complaining about the C-Store. I am a lifer and I do have most of the ships, but I feel the C-Store prices are ridiculously high. Prices where suppose to go down for F2P, but they were raised instead. Prices should not be higher than a monthly subscription, unless it is an expansion pack.
Quoted For Truth/Quite Fing True.

I saw the announcements, f2p was sposta drop prices, but they are higher then ever now.....gotta love greed....

I would have most of the ships now if it wasnt for the fact that they cost so much, I have worked in marketing in the past, taken classes, in this kind of game/situation, if the majority of your players/customers have to think about a purchase for more then a few sec or at all, your loosing money.

what you want in a game like this is impulse buying and lots of it.

people I have brought into the game have spent hundreds a month on other f2p games, yet they are double guessing the 1600cpoint and up ships because.....price is a bit high for a "micro" transaction.

one of the guys i brought into this game has been known to spend over 500 in a month on f2p mmo's(has to much money) yet.....he questions grabbing even great ships, because 20-25bucks for 1 ship....or 50 for 3.....

I dont want stuff free, I just want prices to be affordable for the bulk of the players who arent rich rabid trek fans(most of us arent rich rabid trek fans....sorry to burst your bubbles guys...)
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2012, 01:35 PM
I dislike the C-Store primarily because of the beteryal and greed Cryptic has shown in the past 6 or so months. I also dislike the hike in prices in the C-Store when it concerns gold members and the apparently 'gotcha' ways Cryptic is using to hoard money. I know Cryptic is not a chairity, but when they are getting massive amounts of money from their gambling lock boxes and then put out ships for $25 a piece, that is not making a profit, that is flat out greed.

Like Primus01, I am also a lifer, however I do have all the ships available in the C-Store prior to F2P launch. In fact, I had purchased almost everything in the C-Store and even their services such as extra character slots, respec tokens, etc. I even purchased a second life time account over a year ago. At the time, Cryptic was doing a good job, they had issues, but shown they would reward loyalty. But then they decided to go F2P and tossed all the golds under the bus; suddenly everything involves real world money despite the fact this game still has subscriptions (making it a hybrid, not pure F2P). Ships went from having different tactics but being roughtly on par with their same tier to a pay 2 win system. Suddenly things promised got put on hold, the 2800 was supposed to be here last summer but it was put off for F2P conversion; items were taking away or the means to get free items were removed and hard earned merits/medals/emblems were also taxed in the conversion. I myself lost 68% of my hard earned currency to Cryptic's 'tax'.

Cryptic has destroyed their reputation and shown it only cares about money. They don't care about Star Trek other than making sure they can nickel and dime you every way they can from it before moving onto the next item. The game itself has shifted into a more MMO direction than staying into a casual social Star Trek game that attracted so many Star Trek Fans.

My hate for the C-Store has nothing to do with a company making profit, it has everything to do with how the company treats its loyal and longtime customers.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2012, 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cursix
Cryptic has destroyed their reputation and shown it only cares about money. They don't care about Star Trek other than making sure they can nickel and dime you every way they can from it before moving onto the next item. The game itself has shifted into a more MMO direction than staying into a casual social Star Trek game that attracted so many Star Trek Fans.

My hate for the C-Store has nothing to do with a company making profit, it has everything to do with how the company treats its loyal and longtime customers.
2 notes:
1. cryptic only wanted the STO IP to make money off "stupid syfy geeks"/"trekies/trekers not because they where fans or any of that, they view trek fans as stupid people with lots of money to spend on useless crap.

2. its not nickle and dime, because they dont want your nickles and dimes, they want your dollars and pounds, find me an item in the cstore thats under a buck.....(usd)

they should rename it to macrotransaction or macro payment system, because it sure as hell isnt micro....