Lt. Commander
# 11
03-17-2012, 09:34 PM
don't put words in my mouth. nowhere in my post did i say i didn't believe him - the evidence is on his screenshots. I was simply stating that confirmation from other players would present a better case to cryptic that the problem is not down to an individual players pc. standard testing process.

next time I won't bother.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-17-2012, 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liath
don't put words in my mouth. nowhere in my post did i say i didn't believe him - the evidence is on his screenshots. I was simply stating that confirmation from other players would present a better case to cryptic that the problem is not down to an individual players pc. standard testing process.

next time I won't bother.
sorry, it just came off to me(and him) as if you where saying it wasnt the game but his system....and by extention mine.

in game people say not to bother reporting it or even posting about ti because cryptic never bothers to fix such things.......
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the information. These are actually not missing textures. The Geo, and the texture are there. There was/is a problem with how models were being processed into usable assets in the game. This causes some of the normals of the triangles to get screwed up, thus, they display black.

The Graphics Programming team have fixed the issue with processing, but there are a lot of models that got screwed up before this was ever seen (noticeably in DX11 mode, and DX9 mode on some cards). We are re-processing the models as we find them, so yes, posting pictures with locations is useful to us.

However, this is pretty pervasive, and the programmers are working on a way to batch reprocess all of our models so that we don't have to go one by one through everything.

Sorry for the ugliness. If you're running in DX11 mode, try setting it back to DX9 and see if that fixes it for you.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-18-2012, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
Thanks for the information. These are actually not missing textures. The Geo, and the texture are there. There was/is a problem with how models were being processed into usable assets in the game. This causes some of the normals of the triangles to get screwed up, thus, they display black.

The Graphics Programming team have fixed the issue with processing, but there are a lot of models that got screwed up before this was ever seen (noticeably in DX11 mode, and DX9 mode on some cards). We are re-processing the models as we find them, so yes, posting pictures with locations is useful to us.

However, this is pretty pervasive, and the programmers are working on a way to batch reprocess all of our models so that we don't have to go one by one through everything.

Sorry for the ugliness. If you're running in DX11 mode, try setting it back to DX9 and see if that fixes it for you.
I do not have a screen shot ATM but I can tell you that I frequently have the problem with the Peregrine Fighter that if you look at it from the front while at Full Impulse or Slip Stream it vanishes except for the engine trails. The body is just GONE. Same happens to Alpha Vector on my MVAE and on rare occasions some other Small Craft like Tal'Kyr. I HAVE submitted bug reports about this and was in the middle of looking through my invisible ship at the time as I heard the report takes a screen shot? If so then hopefully they got to see what I saw.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshenTech
sorry, it just came off to me(and him) as if you where saying it wasnt the game but his system....and by extention mine.

in game people say not to bother reporting it or even posting about ti because cryptic never bothers to fix such things.......
no problem. it is easy to misinterpret text in forums. I can see where you are coming from so apologies if it felt i was belittling the problem.

As for people telling not to bother reporting, well if noone ever reported nothing would get fixed - and things do get fixed (if slowly and sometimes not in ways that are immediately apparent). The "don't report" crowd is prevalent in all mmos that I have played, they are the same people in real life who say "not my problem, someone else will do it". Sometimes you have to take ownership of raising an issue and so kudos to you guys for doing it - and look now we have some info from Tumorboy indicating there is a problem and solutions are being worked on.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinkuu_Akagan
I do not have a screen shot ATM but I can tell you that I frequently have the problem with the Peregrine Fighter that if you look at it from the front while at Full Impulse or Slip Stream it vanishes except for the engine trails. The body is just GONE. Same happens to Alpha Vector on my MVAE and on rare occasions some other Small Craft like Tal'Kyr. I HAVE submitted bug reports about this and was in the middle of looking through my invisible ship at the time as I heard the report takes a screen shot? If so then hopefully they got to see what I saw.
This isn't related to the model processing error mentioned above. This is due to the camera code. You can refer to the several "Zoom Fix teh Suxxorz" threads around. We're working on it.

As I mentioned above, reporting these is useful to us. I'm sorry that there is a feeling of "don't bother, they won't fix it," or "if we don't report it, they won't fix it." As neither is true. We were already working on this, and are actively addressing these model errors. Telling us when and where you see them will help us hit all of the problem spots. QA has been pointing them out as they see them already, but more eyes is good.

Thanks
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Sounds like this works better than the Actual, Cloak Console. ..

Ya jest gotta get all the enemies to fly directly in front of you.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Nah, it just hides your ship to you, not to everyone else
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-18-2012, 07:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumerboy View Post
This isn't related to the model processing error mentioned above. This is due to the camera code. You can refer to the several "Zoom Fix teh Suxxorz" threads around. We're working on it.

As I mentioned above, reporting these is useful to us. I'm sorry that there is a feeling of "don't bother, they won't fix it," or "if we don't report it, they won't fix it." As neither is true. We were already working on this, and are actively addressing these model errors. Telling us when and where you see them will help us hit all of the problem spots. QA has been pointing them out as they see them already, but more eyes is good.

Thanks
No no no... This was going on looong before the camera zoom was moved around. (Also, I think the current Camera zoom is very much Fine.)

I do not believe you guys are not going to fix things by any means. I suspect very much that the moment you CAN fix any given bug you DO fix it. It does not make sense not to. I also know you fix unreported things but it certainly must help to be given reports so you have as much data to work with as possible. Hard to find something when you do not know where to look or that it is even happening right?
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-19-2012, 03:44 PM
Good to know it is being worked on and now I feel obligated to report model error spots...

Here is some more I noticed the other day.

Updated OP with list of spots.

"Frozen" Ground Portion

http://i.imgur.com/rlSmn.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/rHIC0.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/5Hckh.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qAHyp.jpg

"Coliseum"
http://i.imgur.com/ctg3A.jpg

Klingon Bridge Lift
http://i.imgur.com/2BJNo.jpg

"Cold Comfort" inside Deferi ship
http://i.imgur.com/2BJNo.jpg