Lt. Commander
# 101
04-07-2012, 11:39 AM
Because we can.

All I have been seeing is a bunch of trolling here. You either participate or you do not. There are plenty already participating and are fine with the rule set as it was, and as it is. Just because some people in this thread are in multiple fleets it is not my issue. This is a fleet vs fleet tournament. Nothing more nothing less. The fact that you cannot wrap that around your head is not only frustrating, but just plain annoying.

THE smart thing for to have done was to keep quiet about it and sign up as a different fleet. It's not difficult to create a fleet in this game. The fact you could not figure out an obvious loophole is actually fairly amusing.

If you can't figure that out here's instructions.

1. Remove character you want to fight on your fleet team from your current fleet.

2. Add character to the fleet team you want for the tournament.

3. ...

4. PROFIT!

....and lets not be unoriginal and name your fleet like the moderately depressed pandas...make a unique fleet name for the love of bob.
Lt. Commander
# 102
04-07-2012, 02:11 PM
i just....don't know what to say.

good luck with your tournament.
Lt. Commander
# 103
04-07-2012, 02:21 PM
Well...that's a first.
Lt. Commander
# 104
04-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabrefyre
Because we can.

All I have been seeing is a bunch of trolling here. You either participate or you do not. There are plenty already participating and are fine with the rule set as it was, and as it is. Just because some people in this thread are in multiple fleets it is not my issue. This is a fleet vs fleet tournament. Nothing more nothing less. The fact that you cannot wrap that around your head is not only frustrating, but just plain annoying.

THE smart thing for to have done was to keep quiet about it and sign up as a different fleet. It's not difficult to create a fleet in this game. The fact you could not figure out an obvious loophole is actually fairly amusing.

If you can't figure that out here's instructions.

1. Remove character you want to fight on your fleet team from your current fleet.

2. Add character to the fleet team you want for the tournament.

3. ...

4. PROFIT!

....and lets not be unoriginal and name your fleet like the moderately depressed pandas...make a unique fleet name for the love of bob.
drawing such a hard line in the sand for a tourny is never a good idea. i get the feeling that major community members kind of see this as a "screw you we know whats best" kind of statement. while that may not be the case, there is always a more tactful way to handle these situations (i know from experiance).
Lt. Commander
# 105
04-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maicake716
drawing such a hard line in the sand for a tourny is never a good idea. i get the feeling that major community members kind of see this as a "screw you we know whats best" kind of statement. while that may not be the case, there is always a more tactful way to handle these situations (i know from experiance).

We have made several attempts at tactfully saying "thanks we respect your opinion, but since we are coordinating the tournament, this is what we are going to do." We've said that several times yet keep getting trolled.

We have never said "we know whats best" nor do we intend to. What we have said is "these are the rules WE decided on for OUR tournament."

IF someone wants to compete for A) Real prizes B) Bragging rights and C) just plain fun ... then they will accept the rules as they are and do their best to win under the SAME RULES THAT APPLY TO ALL COMPETITORS.

IF someone doesn't like the rules, then FOR THE LOVE OF BOB DON'T COMPETE! However, at this point, if someone has issues with the rules we invite you to keep it to yourself.

ADMINS PLEASE LOCK THIS THREAD