Lt. Commander
# 21
03-22-2012, 05:47 AM
Would be nice, although I have it setup in a manner in which I assume only the senior officers wear the set uniform (in this case the 'All Good Things' set). Not a bridge/senior officer = generic uniform in my eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-22-2012, 06:01 AM
im no computer programmer or anything but i would have thought that full crew uniform customisation was reasonably easy to do considering the customisation tools and everything is there. all you really need to do is connect a generic crew uniform created in the tailor and connect it to the random npc's in wandering. hell if they really wanted to make it easy on themselves they could simply allow us to design say 10 different characters who walk around the ship at random. after all their isnt that many different fed npc's anyway. so we could literally design everything just like a regular boff. it would be the equivalent of our boffs just walking around the ship making it look like their working similar to what they do on the bridge
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-22-2012, 07:42 AM
It probably isn't a simple "just dump this in". I had originally thought that when I saved a uniform/outfit in the tailor I could load it as a template for other officers. While this is true, it loads everything instead of just the uniform portion, making clones. If the clothing was somehow separated, perhaps than we could just cut-and-paste a style to our generic crewmen.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-22-2012, 09:12 AM
This is something that has been requested many times and is something I really want to happen. The devs have just said that it's on their todo list. The only matching crew member uniforms is for the TOS Connie interior if you are wearing your TOS uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-22-2012, 09:26 AM
i think the easiest way to do would be literally allow you do customise 10 crewman from scratch and these 10 crewmen simply walk around the ship with a couple of clones of each other. as long as you design quite generic plain faced characters you wouldn't really notice. not to mention you could have an all female/male/human/klingon etc crew. this would very nice for RP especially. what about an all human terran empire crew or an all orion ship or for those that just want it (you know who you are) an all sexy affied female crew.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-22-2012, 01:50 PM
Thing is when looking around starbases and ship interiors and stuff, its really just the same couple dozen stock extras over and over again, that redheaded female ensign or Vulcan security officer, and there aren't any of the really freaky looking people you'd get from using the Random button. That makes me think that, rather than being procedurally generated, there's some stock character database somewhere that all the extras are drawn from. As such customizing our crew would mean creating a new procedure-generation setup, and keeping seperate databases of uniforms for each player-captain. Its a lot more than just tweaking an existing database, since it would be changing the How of extra creation.

I agree being able to tune my crew would be awesome, make it more My Ship. But people have been asking for a while and it hasn't changed, which makes me think it isn't something easy to change. Of course someone in the know could show me to be a complete idiot and wrong, but wouldn't be the first time.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-22-2012, 01:54 PM
All you would need to do is add another Tailor option for your ship. You set the standard uniform for Engineers, Tactical, and Sciences.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-23-2012, 03:43 AM
what im saying is the technology is already there and its a matter of putting it together, yes a new database will be needed or even an expanded boff one but its doable and would be an instant hit
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I'm "for" this.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-27-2012, 01:15 AM
We just need three new options at the tailor to create eng, sci and tac uniform layouts for our generic ship crew.