Lt. Commander
# 51
03-29-2012, 05:08 AM
we can hope with the new focus on interiors and the doff stuff that maybe more features like crew uniforms will be added. possibly mini games or something else would be cool as well
Lt. Commander
# 52
03-29-2012, 05:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstagg
Myself and my fleet have been discussing this in quite some depth recently, and I thought I would make a post here to see how the community felt as well.

I love being able to choose my uniform, and choose my boff's uniform, but it bothers me that I can't do the same for my crew who wonder aimlessly about the decks of my ship! I think it would be hugely beneficial for us to be able to customize the standard uniform for THE WHOLE crew.

It could be separated easily into Engineering, Tactical, and Science colours, and then the computer does the rest, and decides which bots are which career! Simple considering it already does this, but now your crew will actually feel a lot more like your own crew?

My fleet are starting to do voice RP on board each others ships, and we're trying to use as much of the ship as possible, but it puts a huge dampener on the spirit of it when you walk around in your TNG Movie uniform and the crew walking about is stuck in the Antares 1.

Give us a bit more customization! We would all love it!!!
Agreed

Pls give us the option to make our whole crew look cool ^^

would be a great RP enhancement.
Lt. Commander
# 53
03-30-2012, 05:19 AM
i want as much customisation as possible and this seems like the next step. please cryptic, can we get some sort of response from a dev
Lt. Commander
# 54
03-31-2012, 08:26 AM
Agree, /signed, this really is a no brainer.

We can changed our Boff uniforms, we can design our character uniforms and have alternates. The crew should absolutely march the uniform of their Captain. Should have always been that way.
Lt. Commander
# 55
04-01-2012, 08:59 PM
1: Let us create a stock uniform for male and female officers. Ideally, we would be able to create one for the generic milling officers and also customize the outfits of the "special" officers such as the counselor and doctor.

2: Let us choose the people for the stations we interact with, like the doctor and so forth -- from our duty officer roster.

3: Stock the crew with people on our duty and bridge officer lists only. (Except for beginning players who would have the generic complement due to a lack of their own officers.)

4: Let us customize the appearance of people on our duty and bridge officer lists.

5: Let us craft duty officers: quality, race, occupation, traits, sex, appearance

6: Let us craft bridge officers: quality, race, occupation, traits, sex, appearance

7. Growable duty officers, so whites can graduate to greens and so on.
Lt. Commander
# 56
04-02-2012, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuriciodide
1: Let us create a stock uniform for male and female officers. Ideally, we would be able to create one for the generic milling officers and also customize the outfits of the...

7. Growable duty officers, so whites can graduate to greens and so on.
Everyone, Devs, shout this from the roof tops. Officer development program. With the changes to the Doff mission line up it is now fairly difficult to have sufficient officers to get the missions covered and be successful without spending a mountain of CP on Doffs.
Lt. Commander
# 57
04-03-2012, 08:21 AM
Random bit of inspiration:

As it sits right now, we have 6 "department head" slots on the DOff screen. Why not make the toons that are assigned to that department match the DOff in uniform?

Only issue would be males trying to clone a lady's skirt or the ladies never wearing skirts. So, for these cases, we'd need to add an "secondary leg outfit" for the opposite sex (so that the guys on my medical staff know how their pants should look and there might be a skirt-wearing engineering lady under my male BOff...
Lt. Commander
# 58
04-03-2012, 08:46 AM
You'd need more than just "secondary leg" because for the classic TOS uniforms you have to change the upper part, too, if you want the classic miniskirt.

While it would be nice to distinguish medic from science personell or maybe give all security personell the mirror universe knife belts I don't think this is really necessary. We just need new tailor options for tac, sci and eng male + female costumes for ship crew.
Lt. Commander
# 59
04-03-2012, 10:01 AM
Signed.
Uniform options for:
Tactical. Male/Female.
Operations. Male/Female.
Science. Male/Female.

I like some of the more complicated ideas in this thread as well, but this would be a great start. And one I'm willing to pay for

Another thought, why not have an era uniform option that is premade by the devs? We already have a TOS uniformed crew, why not have TNG, DS9/VOY, TOS movies, and TNG movies? For 2409 we could have the current mix option or have Antares 1, 2, 3, ect, and Sierra 1, 2, 3, ect as the default for all crew. This last option should be way easier on the database size and an easy drop down click option for ship interiors. I'd even be willing to pay for this option
Lt. Commander
# 60
04-03-2012, 10:21 AM
I can imagine it would work just as simply as the fleet uniform structure, and you can have as many fleet uniforms as you like last time I checked?

Just waiting for a massive ship interior overhaul, but I know they have loads of other stuff to do for ships in general, but we'll get there