Lt. Commander
You know, we shelled out our hard earned dollars, long ago for Excelsiors, Karfis, MVAMs, Intrepids, Galaxy Rs (lol), Garumbas, Dreadnoughts (lol), Varunus, Brels, and I'm sure I'm missing one there.

Our ships are indisputably Weaker than the Oddy's and Bortas... Does our $ mean nothing? I think if you are going to keep those ridiculous flagships in the game the other Cstore ships are going to need some love, especially if you have any intention on selling them in the future.

I'll even make a couple of suggestions to get the other T5s up to snuff.
Excelsior, Give it a 4th tac console, or maybe upgrade the LT engineering to an LTC.
MVAM, Sensor Analysis, and a Fifth Tac Console.
Intrepid, Give it, more console slots. LIke 2. One tac and one sci slot. Why? That's how ridiculous Sen AN on a cruiser is.
Varunus, same deal.
Galaxy Rs. 5th engineering console. and an Inertia boost.
Garumba, I think it needs a 5th tac console slot. And more Shield points while in Siege Mode
Brels, more HP, More Shields, more console slots across the board.
Dreadnought, see Galaxy R.
Defiant 2 tac consoles.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2012, 07:38 AM
the already buffed the Karfi. I haven't pvp'd with it yet but it seems sweet.
The Brell is the worst t5 ship in the game. It has been broken for a year and some. Why fix it now?
Haven't played the gurumba.
MVam needs better ai for the ships.
Intrepid. what it really needs IS ANOTHER WEAPONS SLOT
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2012, 07:41 AM
dont get me wrong and im simply playing devils advocate here but...

...why update them for free when you can sell them with the updates at full price and sell the earlier ones at a lower price as "classic" models...

...its incredibly poor long term business practice but lets be honest here if we get another two years out of STO before they shut down the server as unprofitable they are going to keep nickle and diming us for every last thing in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
the already buffed the Karfi. I haven't pvp'd with it yet but it seems sweet.
The Brell is the worst t5 ship in the game. It has been broken for a year and some. Why fix it now?
Haven't played the gurumba.
MVam needs better ai for the ships.
Intrepid. what it really needs IS ANOTHER WEAPONS SLOT
They didn't buff the karfi to +1 status. they merely brought it up to being an actual T5.. not the T4.75 it was before.
The pets in this game are a joke (outside of carrier spam). That's not going to actually improve the MVam's performance vs... Sen An.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Geko has already said no, they won't be doing that.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2012, 07:58 AM
So they are either kidding themselves about the power of the flagships, or they don't understand why it might be desirable to not anger paying customers?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2012, 08:00 AM
No..............................
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2012, 08:01 AM
EDIT:

it was not my intention to flame or troll in any way merely an opinion that clearly offended, if i have offend you personal in any way shape or form you have my most sincere apologies.

Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2012, 08:08 AM
I may be looking at this the wrong way OP, but... I don't think any of the T5's you mentioned cost as much as an Oddy/BortaS.
Maybe except a few.

You can also get all but 1 of those ships for free with a Veteran token.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
I may be looking at this the wrong way OP, but... I don't think any of the T5's you mentioned cost as much as an Oddy/BortaS.
Maybe except a few.

You can also get all but 1 of those ships for free with a Veteran token.
Funny the Gal X, always cost a pretty penny, and it was (and still isn't) better than a normal T5 cruiser.
Same deal with the Garumba.
(also since when could you get the MVAM with a vet token?)
Fact is, if we are going to enter Pay To Win officially, then they need to make the other cstore ships > the non cstore ships across the board. They cost $. (especially if you want more than 1 of the special T5 ships)