Lt. Commander
# 11
03-18-2012, 08:13 AM
So ship power is equal too money it cost?
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
um...yeah.
Welcome to Cryptic games.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-18-2012, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorena
They'd charge 2000 points for the Connie otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-18-2012, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitsuneRommel
They'd charge 2000 points for the Connie otherwise.
Nah, they charge what they think (or thought) they can get away with at the time. The only reason the other T5s aren't 2k points is they didn't think they could get away with it back then.

Bet we get a $ increase on the other T5s, if people buy into this Oddy and Bortas junk in droves.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-18-2012, 09:00 AM
Aren't they flagships for a reason though? Aren't they supposed to be better? Didn't they cost more?
One other thing, there will always be improvements to things. Look at cars, when a new model comes out it is better than the old one. Doesn't mean the old one should get upgrades does it.
However, old ships should get reduced in price.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-18-2012, 09:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by utio
Aren't they flagships for a reason though? Aren't they supposed to be better? Didn't they cost more?
One other thing, there will always be improvements to things. Look at cars, when a new model comes out it is better than the old one. Doesn't mean the old one should get upgrades does it.
However, old ships should get reduced in price.
Unlike cars we can't upgrade our ships ingame. I can build a 96 Firebird that will beat the pants off of a new mustang GT for about 1/3rd the cost of a Mustang Gt infact for that cost I could make it beat up on unsuspecting Corvettes. You can't do that with ships in game.
Also, we paid $ for in game items. If we are going to endorse pay to win then the $ I paid should be at least > the normal tier five ships.
Fine we'll play it this way, leave them lesser than the Oddys, and Bortas... but at least make them>>>> vanilla T5s.

Things have to be balanced in games, especially games with pvp. Otherwise there's no point.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-18-2012, 09:04 AM
I'd rather they bring the new flagships in line with the T5 C Store ships so we don't have to open our wallets to actually compete in this game.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-18-2012, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radkip View Post
I'd rather they bring the new flagships in line with the T5 C Store ships so we don't have to open our wallets to actually compete in this game.
I've already given up on us getting that. Best we can hope for is a Buff. Cryptic won't nerf something people spent a crap ton of money on. Especially since the people that bought it paid for the power.

Something else I don't think cryptic realizes, they make a TON of money on us pvpers. We shell out for Respecs, more often than an rper/pveer buys a ship. Does anyone care to guess that pvps, how much $ they spent on respecs? I shudder at the thought.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-18-2012, 09:13 AM
Cryptic won't fix any of the previous T5 designs.

They have thrown out all morality and customer support in favour of a cash grab and cash first policy.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-18-2012, 09:28 AM
Oh seriously stop whining the Oddys aren't that powerful. For goodness sakes any tier 5 non cruiser could take on the Oddy easy. What it comes down to is the players' skill.