Lt. Commander
# 31
03-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
RIFT pretty much does -all- of their balancing around PvP and it's going very strong. Much stronger than sto has ever been.
Eh, I have my doubts that this is why Rift is still going. Rift is practically WoW 2 set in a fantasy middle-ages setting with knights and wizards and bandits and stuff with a few interesting and unique ideas thrown in. It does the exact same tried-and-true core gameplay as a direct competitor to WoW, and people burnt out on WoW are going over to Rift because of the familiar gameplay. That, and fantasy is hugely popular as a subgenre of any kind of game.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-19-2012, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
I've already given up on us getting that. Best we can hope for is a Buff. Cryptic won't nerf something people spent a crap ton of money on. Especially since the people that bought it paid for the power.

Something else I don't think cryptic realizes, they make a TON of money on us pvpers. We shell out for Respecs, more often than an rper/pveer buys a ship. Does anyone care to guess that pvps, how much $ they spent on respecs? I shudder at the thought.
They already nerfed it before it hit the c-store. And in an interview on STOked they said they woudl bring the +2 (it is a +2 afterall) Odysseys down if it's deemed OPed. Remember , they already have your money.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
He also said they aren't going to be a new standard. He also said they're not going to make older ships better. He also said he's running out of options on how to design new ships.

He's painted himself into a corner design-wise.

I'm certainly not keen on spending money on ships that the developers admit they're running out of options for and suggest they may nerf after purchase.

BUYER BEWARE!
Here's a thought. Stop focusing on ships and start focusing on new playable in game content.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-19-2012, 11:59 AM
I really dislike the fact that the two are overpowered and together cost $100.

The worst part is, they are not even canon ships.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeusNCC1701
Here's a thought. Stop focusing on ships and start focusing on new playable in game content.
I love that idea.

I really really REALLY wish the developers could do that.

The game was a lot more fun when missions and expanding the story was the goal.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Would people stop whining about the Oddy already!? It is by no means a play 2 win ship this is just getting to be ridiculous!
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjames3653
Would people stop whining about the Oddy already!? It is by no means a play 2 win ship this is just getting to be ridiculous!
Yes, it is - it is better than other T5 cruisers.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-19-2012, 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Yes, it is - it is better than other T5 cruisers.
It would be one thing if the Odyssey had three abilities. Heck, the dreadnaught does too (lance, saucer separation, and cloak). The problem is you take what is arguably the best cruiser in the game and when you pay $50 to collect all three consoles, it suddenly gets this extra special synergy buff that clearly makes it more powerful than any other ship.

Players tend to resent selling power, especially since our ship is a big part of our character appearance, and we want to be able to fly our favorite canon ship without it being clearly inferior.