Lt. Commander
Since the patch (15 of March) my framerate took a massive hit. I found that turning off SSAO or anti-aliasing would fix the slowdown. It doesn't matter which, but if I have both active in any amount there is a very large framerate drop. This is unusual since as I implied before, my graphics were perfect prior to the patch and I'm using a GTX570 which should be more than powerful enough to run the game.

I also updated my nVidia graphics driver to the latest version after the server went down, however I doubt this is the cause of my troubles. I have submitted a ticket ID #1,307,928.

EDIT: Sector space is running very poorly even with AA and SSAO both off.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureBro
Since the patch (15 of March) my framerate took a massive hit. I found that turning off SSAO or anti-aliasing would fix the slowdown. It doesn't matter which, but if I have both active in any amount there is a very large framerate drop. This is unusual since as I implied before, my graphics were perfect prior to the patch and I'm using a GTX570 which should be more than powerful enough to run the game.

I also updated my nVidia graphics driver to the latest version after the server went down, however I doubt this is the cause of my troubles. I have submitted a ticket ID #1,307,928.

EDIT: Sector space is running very poorly even with AA and SSAO both off.
With all the AMD/ATI graphics driver issues that have been coming up don't assume just because you have an Nvidia that it means there is no way the new drivers could be the cause. It's too simple of a thing to not try reverting the driver back to see if that corrects the framerate drop.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 08:09 PM
i get the impression that cryptic dosnt believe in internal testing with various videocards.....just toss out updates and hope they stick...