Lt. Commander
We've had the skill tree revamp and F2P. Respecs now cost most people money. STO needs to work on respecs. This game needs a trainer/ holodeck area similar to Champions Online's Powerhouse.

There is no reason we shouldn't be able to test out our space and ground skills before we finalize the build. Now is the time to implement this! Imagine how helpful it would be to fly a pvp match versus your friend or have a PVE ground run through before we finalize the builds. The engine could easily accommodate this.. The cannon supports it with the Koybayashi Maru..

recently with changes to powers ( what is the max damage resist combo between threat control and hull plating?) and introduction of new ships( Odyssey and Bortas) the need to respec has been on the rise.. Devs please gives us the ability to make the most informed build decisions possible. It isn't rare for me to leave a toon in Champions powerhouse for a week or so as I tweak a build.. please give us that ability now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2012, 01:47 PM
Sounds like a good idea to me.... even fits canon, via holodecks

Edit not just Kobyashi, but also in game canon byway of 'Of Bajor'
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2012, 02:29 PM
That would have been really nice to have after respecing my captain. I did some homework beforehand but dropping the 400 c points on one respec left me feeling... uneasy. They even have the simulation set up in the new bajor mission that would fit nicely with this option. Have the trainer at the academy and even set it on a different map (as the powerhouse is) to better dedicate the resources to respecing (and maybe make it easier to have the "leaving this area will finalize your skill choices" option). I really really like this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2012, 03:24 PM
If you read the post and think this is a good idea.. please support it with a brief comment so we can be sure the Devs see the idea and know many players support this being in our game
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2012, 03:29 PM
For the time being, you can always copy your character to the Tribble Test Server ad infinitum, and tweak to your heart's content.