Lt. Commander
# 1 BOFF Training Swap Party?
03-18-2012, 02:42 PM
Just an idea I had, figured I'd float a trial balloon.

Pick a time, announce a party, where however many people know they can decend on probably Drozana or maybe the Academy, for mutual BOFF training. An engineer can get the Tachyon Beam 3 they've been looking for, and in turn offer Emergency To Shields 3 to anyone who needs it. Enable the visuals on your armor, and people can tell what skills you have just by looking at you.

Yeah the training costs a few hundred EC but thats really a drop in the bucket. My two main concerns are getting enough people together to make it worthwhile, and of course its quite the opportunity for thieves and griefers.

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-18-2012, 02:51 PM
would be cool if it was possible, you can only trade commissioned boffs, i heard people talking about training the boffs and then giving them back to the person before and i posted asking about it and it turned into a flame war against me for not knowing you cant do that.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
would be cool if it was possible, you can only trade commissioned boffs, i heard people talking about training the boffs and then giving them back to the person before and i posted asking about it and it turned into a flame war against me for not knowing you cant do that.
That is what he is talking about. A party for people to come, trade BOffs, get the abilities they want trained to that BOff, and trade for it back...

If you set up a party, I'd go. Dont need much, but I can train in Science skills
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-18-2012, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
That is what he is talking about. A party for people to come, trade BOffs, get the abilities they want trained to that BOff, and trade for it back...

If you set up a party, I'd go. Dont need much, but I can train in Science skills
you cant train a boff and then trade it though....
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-18-2012, 02:59 PM
The whole Boff training thing really needs to be looked at by Cryptic in the not too distant future.

Why have the ablity to train Boffs linked to the skill point tree if they are going to make the process so complicated.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Umm you can, that is how it works. You just have to be willing to trade your valuable non bound boff to some other guy and hope you get it back. :p

I leveled a silver account to captain mainly to trade my boffs back and forth to myself for training.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
As pointed out, yes you can. I do it all the time (hence how I have CRF3 and HYT3 on my sci captain, amongst others).

There are rumors ive heard of silvers not being able to do so, but I personally have not confirmed that. All my friends I trade with normally are golds, and I'm gold, so cant verify that for myself
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-18-2012, 03:02 PM
Quote:
You can't? I've never done it but hear it get mentioned a lot. So no training someone in a top-end sci skill, then transferring them to a tac captain, or whatever?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torlak
The whole Boff training thing really needs to be looked at by Cryptic in the not too distant future.

Why have the ablity to train Boffs linked to the skill point tree if they are going to make the process so complicated.
yes, now if anyone actually knows of a way to train a boff then trade it that would be awesome if they could post how in here
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-18-2012, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
You can't? I've never done it but hear it get mentioned a lot. So no training someone in a top-end sci skill, then transferring them to a tac captain, or whatever?
i believe so, i heard people talking baout it in ESD a lot, some guy traded me a boff to train and it said i couldnt train it unless i commission it and then i came on the forums and everyone told me you cant, wish you could though :/