Lt. Commander
# 11
03-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
yes, now if anyone actually knows of a way to train a boff then trade it that would be awesome if they could post how in here
Open trade window, person puts BOff there, both people click trade
Person that gets BOff trains him as normal
Open trade window back up, put newly trained BOff in there, and click trade

Complete.

Again, I've done it fairly often (most recently a couple weeks ago). I train science powers for free, if interested sometime, just PM me when the servers arent down
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
Open trade window, person puts BOff there, both people click trade
Person that gets BOff trains him as normal
Open trade window back up, put newly trained BOff in there, and click trade

Complete.
ok well how are you suppose to train a boff with out commissioning it cause when you commission it to train it you cant get it back to trade again....
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-18-2012, 03:06 PM
The way i've trained Boffs is. Train the Boff. then open face to face trade.Drag from your active roster to the trade window. You have to remove all shields, armors, weapons, inventory off the Boff first. Also You can't Train and promote the Boff to a higher level than the player recieving it. So if i'm a Lt Gen and i train/promote a commander's Boff to Commander as well, He/she can't recieve it then.
Lt. Commander
# 14
Just needs to be a non bound boff with no gear or items, and what the guy above me said. That's why I mentioned leveling the other account to captain.
Lt. Commander
# 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xixboneheadxix
ok well how are you suppose to train a boff with out commissioning it cause when you commission it to train it you cant get it back to trade again....
I mean you trade commisioned non-bound BOffs (and there arent a lot of bound BOffs)... click and drag them to the trade window. I have never traded a non commisioned BOff, so cant help you there
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-18-2012, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc
I mean you trade commisioned non-bound BOffs (and there arent a lot of bound BOffs)... click and drag them to the trade window. I have never traded a non commisioned BOff, so cant help you there
hmmm never had it work for me but i will try it, i need more boff slots then caue mine are full of ones i use
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-18-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm up for this. I can train in a number of ENG skills. Just give me a time and I'll try to make it. Anything to help the community!
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stararmy View Post
I'm up for this. I can train in a number of ENG skills. Just give me a time and I'll try to make it. Anything to help the community!
now that i know it can be done im certainly up for this, i just need to buy some more boff slots
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-18-2012, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaMala View Post
Yeah the training costs a few hundred EC but thats really a drop in the bucket. My two main concerns are getting enough people together to make it worthwhile, and of course its quite the opportunity for thieves and griefers.

Thoughts?
BO Training should only be done with a 'trusted' person. If you give your BO to someone else, there is no guarantee that you will get your BO back...

(This is what Fleets are useful for... I have 3 dedicated Training characters to provide services for members of the Fleet I'm in. And I would never hand over my very expensive 'Efficient' Saurians to a total stranger for skill traning...)
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-18-2012, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
BO Training should only be done with a 'trusted' person. If you give your BO to someone else, there is no guarantee that you will get your BO back...

(This is what Fleets are useful for... I have 3 dedicated Training characters to provide services for members of the Fleet I'm in. And I would never hand over my very expensive 'Efficient' Saurians to a total stranger for skill traning...)
yeah thats something i would not hand over, i paid 3.8 mil for mine.