Lt. Commander
# 1 Can the UI be reskinned?
03-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Can the UI be changed/customized/reskinned via XML or similar or is it hardcoded the way it is?

Have any plans been mentioned for allowing user customization/reskin?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-21-2012, 04:22 AM
As it is right now no, UI customisation is not supported, but my guess is by S7 we might see that open up for basic customisation. There used to be a client side mod before the Terms of Service changes that allowed you to have color coded power buttons by weapon and class type (there is rumur it is being worked on again but I will need to look around and check where it stands when I find it) till then all you can do is resize and move the elements to best suite your visual play style.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-21-2012, 06:06 AM
Thank you for the reply. I remember reading some time ago the minimum resolution they were developing the UI for, and it was set at a rather low value. It would be nice to be able to reskin the layout better suited for larger resolutions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-21-2012, 07:56 AM
Actually reskinning is quite easy using program like texmod
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-21-2012, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
Actually reskinning is quite easy using program like texmod
Did texmod fix the problem with the command line parameters? If not then it would not work with STO.

And yes, the UI can be reskinned, element moved around, magnified whatever but it works like the Fight club.