Lt. Commander
I need everyone's help to find a female starfleet joined trill. It mst be a female starfleet joined trill, doesent matter rank, must have hair, height bar is mid to full. ( may update criteria).

If you do or know someone who does play as one, I need their username, characters full name, and a friend request sent to me for easier contact.

My character is Vice Admiral John Dain, captin of the U.S.S. Prometheus, joined trill male! My fleet is the Massachusetts minutemen.

I need this for bio/ backstory for my character.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 12:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by train41 View Post
I need everyone's help to find a female starfleet joined trill. It mst be a female starfleet joined trill, doesent matter rank, must have hair, height bar is mid to full. ( may update criteria).

If you do or know someone who does play as one, I need their username, characters full name, and a friend request sent to me for easier contact.

My character is Vice Admiral John Dain, captin of the U.S.S. Prometheus, joined trill male! My fleet is the Massachusetts minutemen.

Are you looking for a female character or a female player......two different things.

You do realize that there are guys out there that sometimes play female characters right.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
Are you looking for a female character or a female player......two different things.

You do realize that there are guys out there that sometimes play female characters right.

PS - this post is here by the express invitation of the Jevonite Order (as the above user's signature implies). Some people tell me I always appear to be displeased about something, but I assure you, as a Cardassian, I expect order and purpose! In anything!

You have been warned, Legate.

A lot. Actually it's common practise.

I believe that if a gentlemen wants to play STO he shouldn't be forced to make 8 male characters.

If they want to RP as ladies, they're welcome to join me and my girls are known to help them in writing from the fairer perspective as well (also welcome to hang out with us).

After all, its a roleplaying game right?

For the OP's requirements, it doesn't need a "real female" to ensure fanfic/writing/RP quality. Infact, many male authors of science fiction can write convincingly from a female perspective as well - they cannot have all-male characters in books written by men, and all-female casts in books written by the ladies can be rather... strange as well.

Diversity is part of Star Trek.

And as far as I'm concerned a Joined Trill could be either male or female depending on the host chosen, and they being 'transgender' are well known.

It can be very interesting playing such a transgender perspective because he/she writing for above Trill in the context of high-end RP/fiction writing can adopt the specific strengths of both genders' psychology and use them both in combination to best effect in solving mission related problems.

There is no need to discriminate against gentlemen with lady Captains in their character account. If anyone can fit the role of a Trill symbiote in a female body, go for it. It's quality that triumphs above anything.

As far as I am concerned if people are sensitive to this subject it's in the context of E-RP and they seek to exploit 'real females' for their sick games, often opening conversations with "do you E-RP?" and ending any professional military commitment to the scene there and then.

Oh wait... the object of this character is NOT an online relationship I hope. Hehehe.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2012, 04:04 AM
I remember a TNG episode featuring a joined Trill, or rather the symbiote which was placed in a new host (female) because the old one (male) was dying. And in one of the first DS9 episodes Sisko greeted Dax with the question of 'how it feels to be female again'. From what I've seen about this species, I tend to think that a symbiote alone does have a (limited) consciousness but usually no gender - that comes with the consciousness of the current host.

Note I say 'usually', because I wouldn't put it too far to believe that even the symbiote itself may pick up male or female characteristics from their previous hosts and influence its current one. I want to apologize beforehand for making a detour though the SG1 universe, but I think the closest comparison to this would be the Tok'ra symbiotes.

So, kudos from me to whoever can convincingly portray a joined Trill with a symbiote having gone though several hosts.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2012, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwontsay
So, kudos from me to whoever can convincingly portray a joined Trill with a symbiote having gone though several hosts.

Indeed. Male or female, I don't care who plays the character depicted in OP post so long as it's done well.

Whoever writes as an authentic JT character deserves a medal, I agree.

Just a suggestion - OP should drop the specific physical requirements. This is not going to be a Singapore Airlines stewardess where physical 'assets' are important. Tall, short, fat, thin, whatever the size or shape, a Starfleet officer is a Starfleet officer. Physical appearance has a lot to do with our current Earth psychology, but no more in the 'utopian' far-future Federation.

Duty and command ability are far more important things to consider. So is writing quality in this case.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-19-2012, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
Just a suggestion - OP should drop the specific physical requirements. This is not going to be a Singapore Airlines stewardess where physical 'assets' are important. Tall, short, fat, thin, whatever the size or shape, a Starfleet officer is a Starfleet officer. Physical appearance has a lot to do with our current Earth psychology, but no more in the 'utopian' far-future Federation.
Not to be nitpicking, there are enough people who would actually do it... But I think stating physical requirements (height, weight, fitness) ect. is quite redundant, since Starfleet has still a military element in its structure... and physical fitness is a must in every armed force. Sure, physical requirements can only be based on their members species, but I'm quite sure that humans (or Trill as they're a quite comparable species) would either fail the entry exams or get a stern order by their medical officers if they let their physical fitness lapse or even just if they are about to become overweight.

I'm not sure about the gender requirement. If it's a scenario like 'new host, switched gender', joined Trill are forbidden (by law or cultural taboo, don't know) to pick up past host's relationships anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-19-2012, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
I believe that if a gentlemen wants to play STO he shouldn't be forced to make 8 male characters.
I have all male characters, but then I'm no gentleman.... >_>
I'm shallow and I know I'd freak out if I ever got a tell from a guy thinking that I was as girl. Meanwhile, if a guy hit on me knowing I was a guy, I'd laugh it off and not be scarred at all.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-19-2012, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwontsay
I remember a TNG episode featuring a joined Trill, or rather the symbiote which was placed in a new host (female) because the old one (male) was dying. And in one of the first DS9 episodes Sisko greeted Dax with the question of 'how it feels to be female again'. From what I've seen about this species, I tend to think that a symbiote alone does have a (limited) consciousness but usually no gender - that comes with the consciousness of the current host.

Note I say 'usually', because I wouldn't put it too far to believe that even the symbiote itself may pick up male or female characteristics from their previous hosts and influence its current one. I want to apologize beforehand for making a detour though the SG1 universe, but I think the closest comparison to this would be the Tok'ra symbiotes..
That TNG episode wasnt a TNG episode at all, its the same episode "Emissary", pilot of DS9. Sisko greets Dax at the promenade airlock during the clean up operation and says that misses the old man and then having to put Dax to work right away because of the Wormhole in the Denorious belt. When Opaka a little later gave Sisko an Orb from a temple on Bajor, Dax was scanning its origions to learn more about the location of this wormhole and as she concerntrated on the Orb you then get the image of the 'old man' Curzon and the young woman being Jadzia, both being operated on to pass the the dax symbiote along.

In the SG1 universe, the Symbiote is also genderless, it just chooses to become male or female because it says so, yet in it's natural form it's just a snake with no visible way to tell a symbiote, look at Martouf and Jolinar.

6 my toons are female, i have 3 male toons though but none of them are Trills, joined or otherwise.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-19-2012, 07:44 AM
Actually I'm referring to two episodes. The DS9 one - "The Emissary" - was about the events you depicted.

In addition to that, I think I remember a TNG episode with Dr. Crusher becoming quite acquainted to a Trill dignitary who is ferried by the Enterprise to his destination. In the trail of the events, he became mortally wounded and she had to remove the symbiote. Interestingly he had to tell her that Trill are a symbiotic species, hinting to the tidbit that she didn't know about their physiology beforehand.

The next host which has been sent to the Enterprise for the joining along with a medical team was (predictably) a woman - something Dr. Crusher leanrd later on as they met again. Understandably she was - forgive the pun, but it is too good to resist - crushed.

That's as far as I can remember. If there is someone out there to complete (or correct) the synopsis or to know the episode I'm referring to, feel free to add.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by train41 View Post

Mine is a KDF. But former Fed who was sick and tired of the Undine making fools out of the Feds time and time again. And because the KDF tried to warn them when the Ambassador imposter was on the ship (my Vulcan Fed Character). Even a Vulcan couldn't tell the difference in the obvious violent outburst while on Vulcan. (Telling the guy he's free to leave and he replies "THIS IS RIDICULOUS!")

But other people may not want you screwing up their own backstory if they have one.