Lt. Commander
# 11 i know
03-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nador_Ekoor View Post
Are you looking for a female character or a female player......two different things.

You do realize that there are guys out there that sometimes play female characters right.
perferably, a female playing as a female but if depending on the list i get, i may go the other route.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by train41 View Post
perferably, a female playing as a female but if depending on the list i get, i may go the other route.
So it's an in-game relationship you want?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-19-2012, 08:27 AM
So a willing woman should offer herself and....

Wait, for what should a lady compromise herself?

This is starting to sound wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmenara
So a willing woman should offer herself and....

Wait, for what should a lady compromise herself?

This is starting to sound wrong.
It's starting to sound more and more like we're on eHarmony instead of STO's site. :p
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm-Strike
It's starting to sound more and more like we're on eHarmony instead of STO's site. :p
Indeed. I didn't know Starfleet regulations allowed soliciting on Starbase One.

Also I am puzzled by the lack of... reparations.

As a Cardassian wife I can infiltrate the Bajoran military and play Desperate Housewives on a certain Starfleet vessel stuck in the Delta Quadrant, breaking hearts and sabotaging -very- expensive systems at every turn. I'll just steal a conveniently unsecured shuttlecraft and join the Kazon if people hate me enough. Fun games and pew pew every day - it's better than playing STO!

As a Klingon wife I can whip countless underlings into submission anytime I fancy such, while hiring slaves and using junior KDF officers to do my every bidding. Plenty of time to pursue arts and crafts like making the perfect set of fashionable dreadlocks... or rather, let my personal slave do it for me.

As a joined Trill in this instance...
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-19-2012, 08:49 AM
And why exactly a Trill? From what I've seen (OK, just two examples, not very much to base any assumptions on) they're rather open-minded in such things. Best example would be DS9's Jadzia Dax, or more precisely the Dax symbiote's hosts since Curzon and thereafter...
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-19-2012, 09:34 AM
If he gets a fake online wife, can i haz one too??
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-19-2012, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwontsay
And why exactly a Trill? From what I've seen (OK, just two examples, not very much to base any assumptions on) they're rather open-minded in such things. Best example would be DS9's Jadzia Dax, or more precisely the Dax symbiote's hosts since Curzon and thereafter...
I thought there are strict mating rules for joined trills. Arenít you risking permanent exile if two joined trills attempt to start a relationship, or is that only related to picking up past non-joined relationships?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-19-2012, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwontsay
Actually I'm referring to two episodes. The DS9 one - "The Emissary" - was about the events you depicted.

In addition to that, I think I remember a TNG episode with Dr. Crusher becoming quite acquainted to a Trill dignitary who is ferried by the Enterprise to his destination. In the trail of the events, he became mortally wounded and she had to remove the symbiote. Interestingly he had to tell her that Trill are a symbiotic species, hinting to the tidbit that she didn't know about their physiology beforehand.

The next host which has been sent to the Enterprise for the joining along with a medical team was (predictably) a woman - something Dr. Crusher leanrd later on as they met again. Understandably she was - forgive the pun, but it is too good to resist - crushed.

That's as far as I can remember. If there is someone out there to complete (or correct) the synopsis or to know the episode I'm referring to, feel free to add.
That episode the one you mention is where Riker gets temporary use of the symbiote after Crusher's friend looses his life, probably the most unusal thing to ever happen. then the symbiote is passed along to kareel, that woman you predicted on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
I thought there are strict mating rules for joined trills. Arenít you risking permanent exile if two joined trills attempt to start a relationship, or is that only related to picking up past non-joined relationships?
Actually thats relationships in general, any sort of serious past relationships are not allowed to continue with a new host or as you state risk exile including the death of the symbiote. no symbiote would risk such a thing despite Dax being the exception with Worf and Lanara Kahn.
Lt. Commander
# 20 Clarity
03-19-2012, 11:25 AM
ok, after reading the post and wondering how the frak things got this steamy, i am going to post the entire reason why i need this.

i am doing the bio/ backstory to my character. i will post what i have when im home, but the sum of it is that he was involved in a joint Trill/Federation/Starfleet project to increase the symbiote overall and increase the host survivability( among other things). where im at now, only 2 survive the ordeal, me and a female candidate. the reason she needs to be a federation joind trill female is that she joins starfleet w/ me and we get assaingd seprat ships. i get assighned the U.S.S. Chiroptera that takes part in the tutorial battle of the game.