Lt. Commander
# 31
03-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Agreed with Storm-Strike.

A truly memorable writing experience comes from intimate (professionally speaking) familiarity with the co-writer, or equivalent real life friendship.

Hiring off the street simply won't create the required level of interaction and results in awkward scenario at best.

To put it simply in the IRL perspective - meeting people at clubs doesn't involve putting up a sign near the door and waiting for people to 'want to get to know you'. That's IMO as low as soliciting in a red light district.

Nay, you take the initiative and develop speechcraft, subterfuge, seduction or whatever dark arts you want to get attention the way YOU want it. And you work on being attractive in your own way, way before actually bothering to show up at a formal party. Or at least, that's how I do it. Why bother for people to 'hopefully' come by when you can set the whole scene yourself and create the playerbase

Without demonstrating quality roleplaying or fanfiction writing talent, I'm afraid simply no one is going to offer themselves for no gain or guarantee that there is -some- form of desirable interaction involved.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-20-2012, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by train41 View Post
ok, after reading the post and wondering how the frak things got this steamy, i am going to post the entire reason why i need this.

i am doing the bio/ backstory to my character. i will post what i have when im home, but the sum of it is that he was involved in a joint Trill/Federation/Starfleet project to increase the symbiote overall and increase the host survivability( among other things). where im at now, only 2 survive the ordeal, me and a female candidate. the reason she needs to be a federation joind trill female is that she joins starfleet w/ me and we get assaingd seprat ships. i get assighned the U.S.S. Chiroptera that takes part in the tutorial battle of the game.
The U.S.S......Bat?

Lt. Commander
# 33
03-20-2012, 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobayashi Maru
I thought there are strict mating rules for joined trills. Arenít you risking permanent exile if two joined trills attempt to start a relationship, or is that only related to picking up past non-joined relationships?
Being a bit late on this one, but my understanding is that it is strictly forbidden for joined trill to pick up on past host's relationships. The reasoning behind that is that the symbiote (and host) are to 'move on' rather than to stick in the past. Nothing is said about relationships between two joined trill, but I'm pretty sure that either many of them are wary of pursuing such a relationship (because of the doubled danger to get into a situation covered by the law since either of them could die and 'be reborn' in a way) or (for the same reason) it's 'just' frowned upon, but not forbidden by law.
Lt. Commander
# 34 project
03-22-2012, 02:11 PM
its all part of a project to increase the symbiots + hosts overall. i think they can temporaroly ignore the rules for the good of the species(s).
Lt. Commander
# 35 need name
04-25-2012, 01:29 PM
ok everyone, i need you all to brainstorm. i am going to start to create my first foundry mission tonight if i can. if i were to use dax or another form of dax, would that be a breach in the EULA or not?
Lt. Commander
# 36
04-25-2012, 01:48 PM
There are more folks playing a variant of Dax than there are subscribers to the game.

I'd *strongly* suggest not doing that. You can have a trill slug, by all means, but don't name it Dax.
Lt. Commander
# 37
04-25-2012, 02:00 PM
not even if its in a host clone (an un- joind trill) w/ all the previous hosts lifetimes acsessable through a modified ritual of emergance? it eventually dies.
Career Officer
# 38
06-20-2012, 02:20 PM
just resubscribing----ignore comment