Lt. Commander
Reading these posts shows me a couple things, the devs run the show in regards to what will or will not be, not the paying customer, certainly not fans.

For some insane reason what a dev likes or dislikes overrules what a fan or paying subscriber likes, with the caveat that cbs has their fingers in the pie, the devs should be talking constantly, daily and giving fans what they want in canon, not what the devs think is neat, or a touchstone or whatever.

The fans here have some great ideas and more than a few have shown some great canon suggestions, but the devs are deaf, becaus ethey dont like it or feel it is needed.

The last time i checked fans paid the bills, understanding what little there is to work with in this abortion they call "Star Trek" when will it ever become the game Gene R. envisioned?

If nothing else devs, let the talented community take over, these fans show far more talent than what you have at cryptic by far.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2012, 01:22 AM
Overwhelming majority of comments on a forum =/= overwhelming majority of what paying customers want
additionally
What paying customers think they want =/= what paying customers will pay for
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2012, 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewteddy
Overwhelming majority of comments on a forum =/= overwhelming majority of what paying customers want
Yeah yeah, Cryptic's old legend of the evil vocal minority who wants to control the game, so you better shouldn't listen to the people who care enough about the game to be active on the forums. That's why they tried to introduce a player council. Something that luckily exploded right into their faces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewteddy
What paying customers think they want =/= what paying customers will pay for
The success of ships like the Galaxy-X, Excelsior and D'kyr proves you wrong.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-20-2012, 02:21 AM
Sign up on twitter for some of the dev's... they care very little about you or what you think...

In fact, some of them seem to hate the people who put food on their table every night.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-20-2012, 02:30 AM
IMO it's way more insane to scream "I pay therefore the devs have to do what I want". If you don't like what they do, don't pay or play the game. Paying for a service does not entitle you to tell them how to run their service.

Video games, just like TV series, movies, books etc., are the realised vision of the people making it. Just because you have to pay to be entertained by it doesn't mean that it's your vision they have to realise. For that you have to make your own video game.

This doesn't mean that you can't critize the game, or make suggestions or say what you like and don't like about it! This is very necessary and feedback is important. You just shouldn't believe that spending your money on a sub or the c-store gives you any right to command the devs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-20-2012, 04:19 AM
Could we please âcknowledge that making such a game is also a form of art, and that no artist can be forced to create his works at someone else's whim?
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-20-2012, 04:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autistic_Cucoo
Video games, just like TV series, movies, books etc., are the realised vision of the people making it. Just because you have to pay to be entertained by it doesn't mean that it's your vision they have to realise. For that you have to make your own video game.
Now I'm going to be incredibly mean, but the vision of 90% of Cryptic's staff seems to be $$$. We are just telling them what they have to do to realize this vision and get our $. Since TOS bundle I have greatly reduced my C-Point spending due to certain issues with their behavior and honesty, and as a lifer that's the only money Cryptic would ever see from me again.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-20-2012, 04:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
Now I'm going to be incredibly mean, but the vision of 90% of Cryptic's staff seems to be $$$. [...]
Uhm, where do you get that impression from?
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-20-2012, 05:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo
Could we please âcknowledge that making such a game is also a form of art, and that no artist can be forced to create his works at someone else's whim?
I'd like to introduce you to a website called The Internet Movie Database. You'll find a few examples that contradict your statement there.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-20-2012, 05:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Sign up on twitter for some of the dev's... they care very little about you or what you think...
That may be because many player ideas are just plain bad. Sure, you can claim some players come up with good ideas but that's pretty subjective and a player claiming their own idea is good can be dismissed as pushing an agenda.