Lt. Commander
# 1 Exchange Questions
03-19-2012, 06:07 AM
I have a few questions about the exchange.

First, are they tied together. For example, is the Exchange in Earth Space Dock 1 tied to the Exchange in Earth Space Dock 2? Is it died to the exchange on Deep Space Nine? etc.

Second, are there any rules? I put up a lock box for nearly 10,000,000, because that sort of thing amuses me, but what if some random says "oh, must be something good in there for that price", buys it, and wants my head when it turns out to be some random crap. Is it a case of buyer beware or seller beware?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-19-2012, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewteddy
First, are they tied together. For example, is the Exchange in Earth Space Dock 1 tied to the Exchange in Earth Space Dock 2? Is it died to the exchange on Deep Space Nine? etc.
There is only one exchange.

Quote:
Second, are there any rules? I put up a lock box for nearly 10,000,000, because that sort of thing amuses me, but what if some random says "oh, must be something good in there for that price", buys it, and wants my head when it turns out to be some random crap. Is it a case of buyer beware or seller beware?
Odds are no one would even see it for that price. The lowest priced items are shown first. Also, lock boxes are random so nobody knows what is in side. I highly doubt that someone would think there is something good in there because the price is so high. If they do and they spend the money on it then its their own fault. In any case, to answer your question, no there aren't any rules.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-19-2012, 06:30 AM
Thanks.

I had to create an extra character (a Ferengi) just because I quickly realized there are SO many ways to make money (EC) on the exchange if you are willing to put a little time into it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-19-2012, 06:39 AM
Question 3:
I'm in the exchange right now.

When searching for bridge officers, sorted by price, for any rank, of any quality, the cheapest one is 5000
however, when I search for bridge officers, sorted by price, for lieutenant, common, the cheapest one is 100

Should the first settings not include the second?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-19-2012, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Question 3:
I'm in the exchange right now.

When searching for bridge officers, sorted by price, for any rank, of any quality, the cheapest one is 5000
however, when I search for bridge officers, sorted by price, for lieutenant, common, the cheapest one is 100

Should the first settings not include the second?
A good rule of thumb: Never search once, always search twice... According to a dev, the code for the Exchange is a mess (figured that out long ago)..